PDA

View Full Version : B454e faxing problem...wont feed document from adf nor platen glass scanning

Custom Search

hjvolschenk
08-17-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi all
I have a brand new machine (B454e) in the field that wont feed from the adf when faxing. The adf works fine when coping and scanning.I checked firmware and changed fax units ...still the same problem.
Fax line is working tested it with normal phone...country codes right...initialization done..all settings default...
Does anyone have ideas surrounding this issue..please assist.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

peter42
08-17-2016, 04:16 PM
What orientation you put the original into the feeder? Is auto rotation set to enable? Did fax is receiving and printing papers from outside?

hjvolschenk
08-17-2016, 04:26 PM
The problem is not how the paper is placed because the machine wont even recieve faxes as well.

Albonline
08-17-2016, 04:33 PM
The problem is not how the paper is placed because the machine wont even recieve faxes as well.

Are the wires plugged into the correct places?

Synthohol
08-17-2016, 04:38 PM
I would make a usb backup of everything, download movie data and do a system initialization then reinstall movie data and import the data from the usb backup.
By chance will it scan to folder or email?

hjvolschenk
08-17-2016, 04:49 PM
All the rest of the functions on the machine works fine...just fax that is not working 100%...
Double checked all connections...all right.
Like i mentioned before even replaced fax unit with no luck.
The fax line works because machine dails out and gets ringing tone but wont pull document through to be sent or recieve documents sent to it.???

Tech Helpdesk
08-17-2016, 05:39 PM
All the rest of the functions on the machine works fine...just fax that is not working 100%...
Double checked all connections...all right.
Like i mentioned before even replaced fax unit with no luck.
The fax line works because machine dails out and gets ringing tone but wont pull document through to be sent or recieve documents sent to it.???

Have you tried a manual transmission ? If it works it is probably a setting issue.

However we have a fax issue where the machine goes into low power mode and after 5 minutes the fax board does not connect when it is called so no faxes can be received. All prints work fine in this mode also the copier wakes up when touched.

I suspect there is a fax firmware/power issue with these faxes.

habik
08-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Have you re-flashed the firmware? Or just checked?

What country code are you using in service mode (marketing)?

Switch reporting to ON and have a look what error it prints out!

Byting on bits.

peter42
08-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Only to get shure: Remove fax line and try to call the faxnumber from outside. Maybe is there a second device using the number.

Custom Search