PDA

View Full Version : C308 papercut integration issue after MFP board change.

Custom Search

wseyller
08-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Had to replace the mfp board on this model for other issues.

But now I am unable to get papercut to install the application.

Tried clear data a couple times. Set hard drive back to installed.

I setup everything back up with manual entry. Network settings are exactly the same. Turned on Web Browser function and confirm it works.

Server and copier can communicate.

Created self sign cert. Turned ssl to admin and user mode. Turned off certificate verification. Turn on ssl for tcp socket. Turn on ssl only for openapi and set do not request and do not confirm. Rebooted when told to.

Tried latest base firmware and latest special firmware and also the firmware that was used before board change which was GG5-54. Tried all combinations of functional levels from 2.0 to 2.2

In papercut device status I get a message of:
Started (with errors) - There was an error communicating with the device. Setup will be retried at 11:59:24AM. To retry now, press "Apply" below.

Error: setApplication: error=29, message=CMS MFP Setting Check Error.

You can see the copier trying to install but gives up. You can see that papercut tries again every few seconds.

Customer has papercut 15.2 with a C258 and some E series working ok on Papercut. I also tried it on my version 16 papercut installed on my laptop and got the same error.

Using openapi 3.1+

Also tried installing Bizhub market place just to confirm an app that uses web browser would work and it installed very easily.

habik
08-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Is the machine set with correct machine & type settings ( when loading firmware) ?
Have you got the SATA controller Driver updated to G00-04?
The latest base FW G00-E1 ( could be set to ver. 3.0, bear in mind new driver, voice data.. Etc)
Is the device in PCUT set with correct user ID&password
Whats the lease lenght of the certificate?
Does web browser use ssl 3.0?
Can you turn remote panel ON from your laptop?
Have you tried Open API 4.0?
Have tried DHCP on network and if, was it successful?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

habik
08-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Try setting the SSL to Admin mode only.

wseyller
08-18-2016, 04:00 AM
It is set with correct machine type per the service manual during first boot.

Sata is up to G00-04

Latest base you mention I didn't know was available as it just came out. But I have so many of these that work on G00-84. But on next visit I would like to try anyway.

Yes for sure the user is "admin" as always and I changed the password to "12345678" which I have logged in many times with on copier and pagescope web. I used the same password several times and I have created the device many times on two different papercut servers.

Cert encryption strength is default. On hundreds of machines I've setup that has always worked which is what the papercut manual suggests.

Not sure what version SSL the browser uses. Never had to worry about it.

Never used remote panel before so I'm not sure.

I didn't try api 4.0 but it did cross my mind at one point but technically api 4.0 isn't support in the US and papercut support told me not to use it. But it is definitely worth the try.

This customer elected not to have dhcp available, so it never worked with any of the devices we had set up. Plus it didn't work connected to my laptop's papercut application server and it should have work with it.

Customer has more of these same models onsite and I have compared all these settings and can't find any difference so far.

I will try "admin only" for ssl just to satisfy but I have never had to do that before

I am heavy into papercut setups and have done so many. It kills me because I have yet had one fail on me until know. I've had problems before but some of those I feel that the copier was screwed up during setup and I've been able to get it to work with at least a factory reset and set it up myself.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

habik
08-18-2016, 06:29 AM
Was it a new MFPB or from a different machine?
Trying the remote panel is to check if the SSL is set and accepted and working.
How about backup data on another C308 or C258 and copy it across to this one even with the same IP, whilst having the other disconnected.

Sorry dude, I am running out of options as what to suggest. I feel your pain. Wish you best of luck.

What does PCut knowledgebase know about that error?

wseyller
08-18-2016, 12:17 PM
It is a new board, not cleansed or repaired. The marketplace app I figured does the same to check SSL.

The papercut KB doesn't list error it seems.

I sent debug log to papercut support.

EarthKmTech
08-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Did you remember to set the clock after replacement of the mfp board ?

Synthohol
08-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Since the board change the network MAC address has changed. Dies PCut go by MAC or IP?
Hope thats your answer.

wseyller
08-18-2016, 06:29 PM
I did set date/time but I did that in admin mode. I didn't think to check in service mode so I will check that out. Papercut uses the IP address to connect.

B0265
08-19-2016, 09:51 AM
I don't know Papercut but it might be related to this:

Encrypted client (PC) to server (KM device) SSL/TLS sessions cannot be performed after installing the following update to the PC:

June 2016 update rollup (This program was discontinued due to the release of the July 2016 update rollup program.)
KB3161606 (Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2)
KB3161608 (Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1)
July 2016 update rollup
KB3172614 (Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2)
KB3172605 (Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1)
Cumulative update for Windows 10 (June 14, 2016)
KB3163017 (Windows 10)
KB3163018 (Windows 10 Version 1511, Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4)

tech51
08-19-2016, 07:08 PM
I read a bulletin on this today.
There is a dip switch that has to be changed.
Can't remember which one and I've finished work for the weekend now but it was an official KM bulletin so if you have access to the KM site it will be there.

wseyller
08-19-2016, 10:07 PM
I read a bulletin on this today.
There is a dip switch that has to be changed.
Can't remember which one and I've finished work for the weekend now but it was an official KM bulletin so if you have access to the KM site it will be there.

Funny because I had to also change an E series board that now comes with a dip switch.

I looked in tech bulletins and also searched knowledge base for key words "mfp board" & "dip switch" with no luck. Does someone know where I can find it.

tech51
08-19-2016, 10:30 PM
It's not a physical switch, it's a software switch.

wseyller
08-19-2016, 11:18 PM
It's not a physical switch, it's a software switch.

Are you talking about softswitch 25 to change functional version or some other switch.

tech51
08-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Back at work now!!!

The dipswitch is soft switch 43 set to hex 03.

This applies to the 4,7and 8 series machines.

I will try to find the bulletin number later.

Hope this helps...

Bulletin numberTAGB1600365EN

wseyller
08-23-2016, 04:26 AM
Not sure if it is a country difference or something. In the US we don't have bulletins with a value such as the one you provided. Our technical bulletins are 4 and 5 digit decimal value. Our knowledge base article IDs have a KBA prefix.

Anyway you could email me the bulletin to wseyller@gmail.com

Thanks

tech51
08-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Not sure if it is a country difference or something. In the US we don't have bulletins with a value such as the one you provided. Our technical bulletins are 4 and 5 digit decimal value. Our knowledge base article IDs have a KBA prefix.

Anyway you could email me the bulletin to wseyller@gmail.com

Thanks

Cant email it I`m afraid (company rules etc). However the key search words are deploy or papercut.

In all honesty though it only says to change the dipswitch, nothing else.

wseyller
08-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Cant email it I`m afraid (company rules etc). However the key search words are deploy or papercut.

In all honesty though it only says to change the dipswitch, nothing else.

Well I couldn't find anything on the KM site. I'm thinking the resource I have is different from yours which doesn't surprise me. For example I have found bulletins on this forum from techs in Europe that are not available on the US side.

But I did find info on the Papercut site that shows the softswitch that you mentioned concerning the C654e. Though it is concerning a different type of error I will give it a try when I get back from vacation.

Thanks

380004: Konica Bizhub C654e - Error=9, Message=FatalWe have had some customers report that sometimes these devices will report the following status in the Device Status area in the PaperCut web admin console, when setting up the device for the first time.
Started (with errors)
Error: changeAuthenticationSetting: error=9, message=Fatal
If you see this error during setup, the advice from Konica Minolta is to contact your KM dealer to check that the following setting is configured:
SW Switch setting number 43:
Set to Bit Assignment 00000011 / Hex Assignment 03
Please note that this setting change is performed within the tech rep mode interface and may require the KM dealer to do this.

wseyller
08-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Back at work now!!!

The dipswitch is soft switch 43 set to hex 03.

This applies to the 4,7and 8 series machines.

I will try to find the bulletin number later.

Hope this helps...

Bulletin numberTAGB1600365EN
This fixed it right up.

tech51
08-25-2016, 06:04 PM
This fixed it right up.

Great news.
I have more & more customers using papercut and other solutions, so it's good to know about this switch!
Cheers.....

Custom Search