PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Need advice with what copier brand I should purchase.

Custom Search

Upinflamezzz
08-17-2016, 11:43 PM
This is my first post and I apologize if I'm post in the wrong forum. I'm currently in the middle of receiving proposals to replace 5 copiers. Ricoh 907EX, Ricoh 8001, Ricoh 6001, Ricoh 2851 and a Ricoh 4310n. I've met with 3 companies and the incumbent Ricoh and am looking for reliability of the copier especially in a warehouse environment. My choices are between Ricoh - Savin - Kyocera and Xerox. All of the proposals have been about the same price so I'm really focused on the reliability and durability of the machines. Any advice from any tech would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

NSD
08-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Ricoh and xerox are reliable. Savin are rebadged ricoh. Machine price is less important if volumes are high. In this case cpc is more important. What sort of prices are they offering?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Upinflamezzz
08-17-2016, 11:56 PM
Ricoh and xerox are reliable. Savin are rebadged ricoh. Machine price is less important if volumes are high. In this case cpc is more important. What sort of prices are they offering?

5 year leases are coming in at about $1400 month including service and consumables.

NSD
08-18-2016, 12:02 AM
What cpc are they offering (low in the uk is .024 colour .003 mono) how much of that 1400 is service and how much lease. Is the old lease finishing or is there a settlement?

Upinflamezzz
08-18-2016, 12:32 AM
Mono is between .0059 .0060 .0064 and .0071. Four different companies.

NSD
08-18-2016, 12:36 AM
Do you know average monthly volumes?

tjvincent
08-20-2016, 06:29 PM
I would stick with Ricoh and let the Savin dealer battle on price since it's the same anyway, who would you get better service from ?

nmfaxman
08-21-2016, 11:23 PM
Get an onsite demo for each machine.
Call in a service call for something simple, jam, service code or network problem.
Evaluate each on response time, customer service, speed of diagnosis and hidden charges.

In my opinion, a copier is a copier.
The differences are ease of use and technical support given.

ibebad8
09-28-2016, 06:13 PM
I have been at this for almost thirty years, and by far I believe Canon to be the most reliable and easiest to work on.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Maher
12-03-2016, 01:36 PM
It doesn`t mater what brand , it`s service . Review the company/ dealer you are buying from and see their after sale service

qbert69
01-23-2017, 05:05 PM
As a technician, I personally prefer the Kyocera's any day over the Ricoh/Savin machines!...Why?....fuser codes from thermistors on the Kyocera are pretty much non-existent!...with the Ricoh/Savins, you'll be going for fuser codes from dirty thermistors!....just sayin'!.....plus, on the Kyoceras, you don't have to rebuild the fuser (room for human error!)--just install a new one and reset PM count! Ricoh/Savin, you'll have to rebuild the fuser, so that's downtime AND room for human error in the rebuild process!....also, cleaning charge rollers on the Kyoceras is a breeze!....don't even have to remove the PCU's!...just unclip, slide out and clean with a damp paper towel!

:cool:

bruce 49dcs
02-05-2017, 01:09 PM
we all have our opinions but if you look at the number of post by manufacturer on this site that might tell you something Toshiba has 4 to 5 thousand threads while the other big companies have 11 to 15 thousand threads just saying I think the more threads the more issues a brand has

ps try to find a guy like me who sells lease returned copiers with a warranty I would sell you 5 machines for around 10 grand instaed of a 5 year lease where you will be spending about 80 grand a guy like me can sell you toner and parts for a lot less than 70 grand over 5 years

qbert69
02-06-2017, 09:13 PM
we all have our opinions but if you look at the number of post by manufacturer on this site that might tell you something Toshiba has 4 to 5 thousand threads while the other big companies have 11 to 15 thousand threads just saying I think the more threads the more issues a brand has

ps try to find a guy like me who sells lease returned copiers with a warranty I would sell you 5 machines for around 10 grand instaed of a 5 year lease where you will be spending about 80 grand a guy like me can sell you toner and parts for a lot less than 70 grand over 5 years

You are CORRECT!

Also, trying to find an "off lease" used Ricoh is alot easier to do than trying to find an "off lease" used Kyocera/Mita/Copystar!....reason?!...people tend to keep the Kyocera/Mita/Copystar machines longer with fewer issues than the Ricoh brands! The Kyo machines last well and are quite easy to maintain (cleaner too!)

Ricoh is a "same shit, different day/model" brand.

Kyocera listens and improves.

I am just saying as a technician from observation and experience!

:cool:

mthomasebs
06-09-2017, 05:05 PM

More threads doesn't necessarily mean more issues. It could easily be that there are more units out in the field for that certain manufacturer.

Christina E.
06-19-2017, 02:02 PM
This is my first post and I apologize if I'm post in the wrong forum. I'm currently in the middle of receiving proposals to replace 5 copiers. Ricoh 907EX, Ricoh 8001, Ricoh 6001, Ricoh 2851 and a Ricoh 4310n. I've met with 3 companies and the incumbent Ricoh and am looking for Maybe Am
reliability of the copier especially in a warehouse environment. My choices are between Ricoh - Savin - Kyocera and Xerox. All of the proposals have been about the same price so I'm really focused on the reliability and durability of the machines. Any advice from any tech would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Maybe Market Inspector can help you out if you are still looking for copiers. There you can compare different brands and hopefully, it'll help you with the choice.
Compare Price and Quality From Different Suppliers | Market-Inspector (http://www.market-inspector.co.uk)

Briceno
09-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Xerox have always been good to me.

antone
11-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Konica Minolta...is the best today!I have work on 5 model's over 30 yrs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

niceville318
11-01-2017, 03:40 PM
I agree with Maher. If you're happy with the service you're current copier company provides then stick with them. What is their response time, your down-time and customer service?
Reliability varies with each model with any manufacturer. That also depends if your usage equals what the model was designed to handle (you don't drive a Porsche for short errands).
I'm sure you're looking at the bottom line but sometimes you get what you pay for in this field.

Rudi
11-26-2017, 01:10 PM
More threads doesn't necessarily mean more issues. It could easily be that there are more units out in the field for that certain manufacturer.

I fully agree. We (Konica Minolta) have 20 000 more machines in the field than our closest competitor according to a recent survey that was done.

Scott
03-13-2018, 07:20 PM
been in this field for 35 years and I have worked on all of them...Kyocera all the way if the service company is reputable. They are technician friendly and for most calls only require a screw driver a in and out usually. But any machine is only as good as the service company

igi
04-04-2018, 08:10 AM
the most important is service.service,service,service,service.

ops forgot to mention service:)

antone
04-04-2018, 05:27 PM
This is my first post and I apologize if I'm post in the wrong forum. I'm currently in the middle of receiving proposals to replace 5 copiers. Ricoh 907EX, Ricoh 8001, Ricoh 6001, Ricoh 2851 and a Ricoh 4310n. I've met with 3 companies and the incumbent Ricoh and am looking for reliability of the copier especially in a warehouse environment. My choices are between Ricoh - Savin - Kyocera and Xerox. All of the proposals have been about the same price so I'm really focused on the reliability and durability of the machines. Any advice from any tech would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.Konica Minolta. Best bet ...30 yrs..Konica Minolta hands down!You a little bit more but truly worth it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

guitar9199
04-04-2018, 09:55 PM
I've worked on several brands, so my opinion is strictly from a tech standpoint.... but here are my top 3, based on easiest to WORK on ( at least in my opinion).

1. Canon

2. Sharp

3. Savin/Ricoh/Lanier/Gestetner (they're all the same machines)

I've worked on Konicas and Kyoceras as well... Truth be told, I think Konicas are a pain in the backside to work on ( and I worked on one just today ), and Kyocera seems to be a bit "toy-ish"...at least the one'd I've had to work on.

Custom Search