PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub 223, no possibility to change the reproduction size in main-scan direction?

Custom Search

Laserbeam
08-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Hello,

the reproduction size in main-scan direction is not exactly as desired, when the customer prints from the PC.
In Tech-menu I found the settings for "Printer Area" - "Paper Feed Direction Adj." but no possibility to change the value for "Main Scan Zoom Adj".. This feature is only available for the Scan Area (Copy from glass plate or Scanning).

Synthohol
08-18-2016, 02:08 PM
In the driver under advanced there is printing defaults. There should be a zoom% you can increase and save it as the default.
This has nothing to do with copying so it wont interfere.

Laserbeam
08-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Thanks for your fast reply!
In the driver (Basis Tab) I only found the Zoom %-Value from 25 to 400%. But this value changed the reproduction size in main- and sub-scan direction. I only want to change the reproduction in main-scan direction.
Have you a screenshot?

copier addict
08-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Are you sure the document you are printing is sized correctly? Maybe you can modify the width of it.

Synthohol
08-18-2016, 11:46 PM
is the document letter instead of A4 or vice versa? is that why it prints too small?
what size paper and document are they trying to print? im across the great pond and we use 216x279mm (letter) im just wondering if its a conversion issue?

blackcat4866
08-19-2016, 12:49 AM
is the document letter instead of A4 or vice versa? is that why it prints too small?
what size paper and document are they trying to print? im across the great pond and we use 216x279mm (letter) im just wondering if its a conversion issue?

If you go to your document's Properties, what size is specified in the electronic document? Does it match the paper you're using? If not, is Auto A4>LTR or Auto LTR>A4 being used?

Laserbeam
08-19-2016, 04:00 PM
The electronic document is A3 and the paper for the prints A3 too.
The prints are absolutely correct in the paper feed direction (this value can be changed in Tech-Menu), but in Main Scan Direction they are about 2 mm too small. That is it what the customer criticizes.
If I had the ability to change the value in Main Scan Direction (only in print mode), such as it's possible in the Copy or Scan Area, the problem would be solved.

Synthohol
08-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Wow 2mm? Thats nothing
Anyway check the settings in the driver/application fir "fit to page" or "print to PDF size"
Try them both independently and see if any change is noted.
Is it missing part of a border that the natural edit erase is deleting?
A sample would be nice to see.

Print out a single halftone page from test mode in service and compare the edit erase to what he expects to see. If his documen falls outside of the edit area he is SOL.

kingarthur
08-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Try...admin settings, system settings,expert adjustment,scanner adjustment, then either horizontal or vertical..never had to do it, but it may work

kingarthur
08-19-2016, 04:39 PM
sorry...realised it was when printing...ignore the above:D...it's cos you said main SCAN

Custom Search