PDA

View Full Version : FS-4200 DN "Paper jammed in the duplex unit"

Custom Search

Thomas Jansson
08-18-2016, 07:51 PM
I got my new FS-4200DN less a week ago.

Unboxed the unit and started to print a single copy - no problem.

Next was a PDF-file with 70 pages which I wanted to print on both side - I chose duplex and the paper was immediately jammed.

Following the help text on the help meny I removed the jammed paper from the machine. But the message "Paper jammed in the duplex unit" was left ... and still is!

I talked to the salesman and he sent me a new machine but exactly the same thing happened so now I am stuck with 2 brand new machines but none of them works!

Anybody here who have som ideas how to solve these problem?

Regards from Sweden
Thomas

subaro
08-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Pull out the paper tray and look underneath for the blue duplex jam release lever. pull it down, get a flashlight and look for the duplex actuator. It should be hanging loose, but sometimes it get stuck, even with new out of box machines. reach for it and wiggle it slightly left to right untill you feel it hangs free and moves back and forth easily. If you cannot do this, then you will need a tech to remove the duplex and check the actuator.

Thomas Jansson
08-18-2016, 10:32 PM
Subaro, the actuator must be number 4 in the picture below? (page extracted from service manual)

A small video taken when I try to move the actuator. I can move the actuator back and forth a little bit.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.t.jansson/videos/1279208412098880/?l=6920423903747051900

blackcat4866
08-19-2016, 01:08 AM
#3 and #4. There are two duplex sensors and flags. #3 is more difficult to see.

Perchance, did you miss some packing cardboard or tape when you did the setup? =^..^=

subaro
08-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Actually the cat is right, there are two duplex sensors. I worked on this exact machine this week and had the exact error message and was looking only at the below of the duplex unit. Looking at the schematic , i traced the other duplex actuator to be on the rear door. The diagram is a bit sketchy. Mine was a used machine and when i tested it it worked fine. cleaned up and when print got the error message. what i found was the duplex spring was disloged from the actuator.

The reason i said to check the actuator below, that i 4 in your picture, is i have had about three machines that had that error on a new setup and it turned out to be the actuator was hung up. The actuator should move very free and easy like a normal spring loaded actuator. Also credit to cat check the actuator 3 on the rear door and see if moving free.

Thomas Jansson
08-19-2016, 07:02 AM
Well, on the first machine who did some printing on one side of two papers before the message "Paper jammed in the duplex unit" are the actuator 4 not showing upp at all,,,,

On the second machine are the actuator 4 not possible to move at all - this machine gave no print att all and the paper was heavy struggled in front.

So, I think it must be some problem whit the actuator 4 on both machines!

Well - I have to study the service manual again to find out the paper path in the machine, it's interesting to know.

Then I must return both machines, they are both brand new so there is nothing I can do whit them.

Many thanks for the help!

Kyo fan
08-19-2016, 07:45 AM
The actuator 4 has been updated recently (shape change and new spring) due to those jams. The new name for it is PARTS ACTUATOR DU SET SP 302LV94540. Basically the actuator comes off, and when put back in its place, it will eventually come off again until replaced.

subaro
08-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Well, on the first machine who did some printing on one side of two papers before the message "Paper jammed in the duplex unit" are the actuator 4 not showing upp at all,,,,

On the second machine are the actuator 4 not possible to move at all - this machine gave no print att all and the paper was heavy struggled in front.

So, I think it must be some problem whit the actuator 4 on both machines!

Well - I have to study the service manual again to find out the paper path in the machine, it's interesting to know.

Then I must return both machines, they are both brand new so there is nothing I can do whit them.

Many thanks for the help!

From a consumer point of view, that machine sucks. From a tech profile of this machine, well i have setup hundreds of these and still have hundreds in the field and they work horses. They are machines and things may happen from time to time as to environment ect, but they perform well. We have quite a few in the cement plants and dust caked on them and besides the squeeks they work great. Get another one.

Thomas Jansson
08-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Well, the status now is that the dealer wants me to return both machines, and then buy another machine - probably from another manufacturer? I can understand their actions because it cost them (and me) a lot of expenses to operate as a quality control for Kyocera,,,,

Has sent an email to Kyocera with a proposal that they unbox and test drive a new machine to ensure that the duplex unit is working and then send it to me, waiting for their response,,,,

95% of my printing are made as duplex, earlier I have worn out a one Kyocera 9120 and one 9130 machine.

I print mostly manuals on demand and have sold 250 000 manuals until today (typical 70 pages each), mostly of them produced whit high volym laserprinters from Kyocera.

Because Kyocera has a uniquely low operating cost so I would like to continue with these machines.

Thomas Jansson
09-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Well - I may give some information about the status!

Both machines with failure in the duplex function are now returned to the first supplier and I have purchased a new Kyocera FS 4200 DN from another company with better customer support,,,,

We unpacked the machine in the sellers store and what we saw after installation was a wonderful speed even with duplex, much faster than my older FS 9130 DN.

The speed are not critical but I did 10500 copies directly after I installed the machine at my office - the machine have an amazing speed at a very low price,,,

Maybe I will add some more memory if I will use a high resolution when printing out batches of PDF-files with typically 80 pages?

Thanks for all the comments in this thread - it was very helpful!

Regards from Sweden
Thomas

thiên thanh
09-28-2016, 04:30 PM
Subaro, the actuator must be number 4 in the picture below? (page extracted from service manual)

A small video taken when I try to move the actuator. I can move the actuator back and forth a little bit.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.t.jansson/videos/1279208412098880/?l=6920423903747051900
Hello friends
I want to find technical documentation of KYOCERA photocopiers. Can you help me?
Thank you very much

Thomas Jansson
10-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Search for "kyocera service manual (https://www.google.se/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=kyocera+service+manual&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=-kT7V8G5C_Tk8AeJvJiwBQ)" and you will find several sites with this documents.

HasrulAsyraaf
02-26-2018, 08:40 AM
i have been remove paper jammed but display always shows ' paper jammed in duplex unit '

JR2ALTA
02-26-2018, 11:00 AM
i have been remove paper jammed but display always shows ' paper jammed in duplex unit '

do you remove cassette and drop down duplex tray via the green handle?

Kyo fan
02-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Read this thread again from the start and you fill see the solution on several posts.

HasrulAsyraaf
03-02-2018, 03:34 AM
[QUOTE=Thomas Jansson;528817]I got my new FS-4200DN less a week ago.

Dear Mr. Thomas
Look at the bottom printer then you will see lever green/blue then pull it down then you will see one connecting sensor with that duplex unit . Before that, try to restart the printer while cassette open after the printer in the situation ready re-enter the cassette back. If same problem came out look at Duplex Board or Sensor maybe one of them is spoils.

HasrulAsyraaf
03-02-2018, 03:36 AM
I've did already but the same problem came out

Custom Search