PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c552 blowing breaker after replace fuse

Custom Search

mrfuser
08-19-2016, 01:56 AM
Ok client had a c-b302 code and so checked the power supply for fuser and found fuse blown. Replaced the fuse and powered back up and now the breaker for the outlet trips! Is this a electrical problem in client office or a bad fuser or power supply in the machine?

wseyller
08-19-2016, 02:34 AM
I thing this is a good reason to have one of those analyzers that plug into the electrical outlet that records the quality of the power coming into the copier. I think fluke makes some that you can leave plugged in for many days and then you hook up to a computer and download the data to see if there is any history of problems.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mrfuser
08-19-2016, 06:05 AM
Any other thoughts?

copier tech
08-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Did you replace the fuse in the PSB with the exact same rating? & what is the life of the fuser?

B0265
08-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Replace the IH power supply.

EarthKmTech
08-19-2016, 11:23 AM
primary side fuses on sm power supplies 99.9% of the time blow due to a fault with the power supply itself. Replacing the fuse and having one work again flawlessly is is about as likely as winning the lotto.

Replace the IHPU.

mrfuser
08-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Any idea why the breaker would blow and not the fuse in the machine now?

mrfuser
08-19-2016, 07:39 PM
So does everyone think power supply bad and not the Power supply and not the fuser causing the power supply to blow ?

Woxner
08-19-2016, 08:22 PM
been awhile but i think there is a fuser control board that will do this or the conduct heat element

EarthKmTech
08-19-2016, 08:48 PM
since induction fusing came to KM machines I've only ever had to replace the coil twice, every other time it's always been the IHPU.

Both times the coil failed it was very obvious, the first time it was a very early c451 when they first came out. The coil melted down internally and filled the office with smoke - I replaced both the coil and the ihpu and it lasted the rest of the life of the machine trouble free. The cause was never discovered, I suspect it was just a defective coil.

The second time i changed a coil was because the fusing unit spectacularly failed on a black and white 652 - a piece of the heat roller sleeve tore off and welded itself to the coil and melted through the plastic till the copper was exposed. As requested by head office I changed all 3 parts for safety.

Coil failure is very rare in my opinion.

If you want to see if its the induction fusing section tripping the breaker, just disconnect the mains plug on the IHPU and see if the machine starts up again, naturally it may throw an error but who cares. If it starts you know where the problem is. The failure in the IHPU may have it shorting to ground, if the breaker is an RCD / GFI type this will be why its tripping before the fuse has a chance to blow.

darry1322
08-20-2016, 12:48 AM
I had one of these and replaced the IHPU with a repaired board and had the same issue a couple days later. Replaced coil and supply the second time. No more issues.

mrfuser
08-21-2016, 05:19 AM
Replaced power supply ,ihpu, and fuser and so far so good. Are these just faulty boards?

I had one of these and replaced the IHPU with a repaired board and had the

same issue a couple days later. Replaced coil and supply the second time. No more issues.

Custom Search