PDA

View Full Version : C227 scan failure before all documents scanned

Custom Search

mascan42
08-20-2016, 03:03 PM
I have a C227 that suddenly started giving "Server connection error" while the document was still scanning, before it started transmitting. It seemed like it might be a problem compiling the job on the HDD, so I replaced it and the problem went away. Now about a month later, it's doing the same thing. Any idea what might be happening here?

habik
08-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Firmware, SMB, email?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

mascan42
08-21-2016, 02:24 PM
It's running version 84 firmware, which was current the first time this happened - I'm returning Monday with the newest firmware just to see if it helps.

It's scanning to SMB, but I don't think that matters since it fails before it begins transmitting.

habik
08-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Try direct to your laptop, if it fail then try different cable mfpb.

Byting on bits.

Don N.
08-28-2016, 01:17 AM
It's running version 84 firmware, which was current the first time this happened - I'm returning Monday with the newest firmware just to see if it helps.

It's scanning to SMB, but I don't think that matters since it fails before it begins transmitting.
This isn't much, but years ago a C353 did that and it was a wrong password in the user/pass authentication. It was getting about 4 pages into the scan before I guess it shook hands and got rejected. So my suggestion is try setting up a scan to smb folder with a purposeful wrong password or hostname or ip address and see if it fails in the same manner/time period. Often I get a strong feeling of what's wrong just from the timing of the fail. I can't connect the dots between HDD replacement and the previous the fix. Will these models scan without HDD?

mascan42
08-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Updating the firmware seems to have solved the problem. I guess we'll have to see if it comes back again in a few weeks.

Custom Search