PDA

View Full Version : 1101 Jams Tray 1

Custom Search

bamafan
08-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Hey everyone,
I have a Konica 1052 B/W production machine that has intermittent 1101 jams from tray 1. This has been going on for a while and have replaced everything in the assembly related to paper pickup. Need some help please.

Thanks in advance.

Synthohol
08-22-2016, 10:15 PM
guides too tight?
sometimes ill swap the whole assy with tray 2 to see if the issue follows it.
check the mylar on the sep assy, if its torn sometimes it gets caught in the gears.

blackcat4866
08-23-2016, 12:11 AM
Have you checked?:

1) the stack height: should be even with the top of the separation guide
2) pickup roller solenoid adjustment: when the stack is at the top, the solenoid lifts the pickup roller off the top by ~1mm.
3) do the paper guides stay up close? The rod that is gripped by the front guide will get deep gouges in it, and the guides will gap by 5mm or more. Since the end of the rod has a "D" shaped end the rod cannot be rotated, but if it's early enough you can file it smooth, swap the two rods at the front, or replace the rod altogether. In my experience the rods last about as long as the rollers, that is about 300K.
4) make sure that the mylar is not torn and/or entangled in the separation torque limiter gears. If it is damaged, just remove it.
5) set fusing pressure to weak for all but the heaviest media. Set transfer to Value Separation.
6) set curl compensation for the media you're using: in most cases trays #1 & #2 work best set to Curl Downward, trays #3, #4, & #5 set to Curl Upward. Note: Media must be loaded from the reams consistently every time. Test settings with your media. Results vary.
7) do not use the weights over the pickup roller. It may increase pickup on special media, but will cause uneven roller wear, and 200K or less yield.

=^..^=

bamafan
08-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys. I'll try all of your suggestions.

sauce_boss
10-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Did you find a solution for this? I have a 951 getting J1101 and J1201. Discovered today that the paper in the tray isn't lifting as it should and eventually the tires no longer contact the paper.

REGSIS
10-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Did you find a solution for this? I have a 951 getting J1101 and J1201. Discovered today that the paper in the tray isn't lifting as it should and eventually the tires no longer contact the paper.

I haven't check the manual but 1101 should be no feed from tray 1 and 1201 no feed from tray 2. Same like in slower machines, when rollers are OK then one way clutch doesn't bite on shaft (it's slipping instead) and torque from shaft rotation is not transmitted on clutch and roller (roller doesn't rotate or rotate).

Remove roller and clutch from shaft, clean inside of clutch with damp cloth, and use very fine sandpaper on shaft where clutch bites on it (you'll see the difference).
After that wipe shaft with damp cloth.

P.S. If your tray is not lifting paper status would be tray empty and machine would not even try to start - without start of copy or print process it is impossible for machine to show jam.

Custom Search