PDA

View Full Version : Advice on what Brand to Buy??

Custom Search

t2sarah
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Have a small newsletter printing business printing about 5000 copies a month. Need auto duplexing black and white something reliable and cost effective per copy. Salesperson is recommending either the Sharp ar 207 or the 208. Sharp isn't sounding so good from what I've read on here so far. What is everyone's opinion are other brands better and is a lease up copier a good deal and who sets it up? Thanks so much-I'm a little lost

blackcat4866
07-10-2008, 02:01 AM
I would not purchase an AR-M207 or an AR-M208 is duplexing is important to you. In my experience, to get a reliable duplexer you need to buy in the 25 cpm to 30 cpm range or faster.

Sure I have some personal preferences, but the brand won't matter as long as you buy a slightly faster machine (segment 3). These machines can handle more volume than you're planning to copy, but that's what it takes to get a reliable duplexer.

I'm sure you were looking for something more specific than that. The only specific thing I'm going to tell you is don't buy a Pegasus (AR-M207) or Gazelle (AR-M208). =^..^=

pspahr
07-10-2008, 03:50 AM
The Ricoh Aficio 2550 SP (SPF if you need fax) is a decent model. This particular model is B/W, 25 ppm, scans in color, has duplex and a couple of other features. As stated by Blackcat, you probably won't get what you need from anything below segment 3 that will run reliably. This machine is probably pretty close to the price range you're looking for.

But as always, check around with every reputable dealership and DO NOT EVERY BUY REFURBISHED if you can help it......In almost every situation a refurb is nothing more than a machine made to run well enough for the initial sale and then become an evil thorn in your side. This is not always the case but is, unfortunately, fairly common. If you go that direction be real sure of the machine you're getting is in great shape and as few copies on it as possible.

Mopar Freak
08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Yes the Ricohs do have good duplex units and document feeders. With 12 years experience on Sharps I would stay away from lower speed machines as well. I heard or saw a great expression, Some copiers are priced like they are built. Nuff said.

kurnal
09-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi all
Would be grateful for your advice, I run a small business from home near Chesterfield and due to space copier and laser printer etc live in a heated insulated wooden shed. Reasonably dry and warm compared to some places.

I need a second hand colour A4/A3 copier with network, duplex is not important.

Had fingers burned last time (secondhand very low use 1224C (I know) which was ok-ish for 4 years till it needed service and nobody will even come to look at it not even the local guy who sold it to me with a thousand promises of service contracts etc....).

The number of copies is extremely low - probably 1000 year, it is used as an A3 colour printer for plan drawings 1000 copies year and scanning to email on a daily basis. Use is therefore extremely low but is critical to my business.

Any recommendations on what I should look for and any advice or suggestions would be welcome re sales and service. And how I could dispose of the old one.
Many thanks.

kurnal
09-22-2012, 09:18 PM
OK no replies so please can I ask another of you tech guys?
Would a second hand Minolta C200 generally be a machine worthy of consideration or one to avoid in your opinion and experience?

Masterchief
09-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi all
Would be grateful for your advice, I run a small business from home near Chesterfield and due to space copier and laser printer etc live in a heated insulated wooden shed. Reasonably dry and warm compared to some places.

Had fingers burned last time (secondhand very low use 1224C (I know) which was ok-ish for 4 years till it needed service and nobody will even come to look at it not even the local guy who sold it to me with a thousand promises of service contracts etc....).

The number of copies is extremely low - probably 1000 year, it is used as an A3 colour printer for plan drawings 1000 copies year and scanning to email on a daily basis. Use is therefore extremely low but is critical to my business.

Any recommendations on what I should look for and any advice or suggestions would be welcome re sales and service. And how I could dispose of the old one.
Many thanks.

How would a Ricoh MPC2500 sound to you, Good machine and good copy quality. There are cheap non oem toner that can be ordered, email me for info as this will be cheap to run.

On the other hand what about a UTAX CDC 1626/1726, You could probably get a new one for the price of a second hand MPC2500. These are just 2 suggestions.

Tonerbomb
09-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi all

Many thanks.

Don't know about the Minolta you asked about. But the 1224C was a total POS!!! had my TSM RA 7 of these in the first year!!!! For the volume you run a Ricoh C2550 or C2551 would do good. It's color, A3,duplex and you get color scan with the print scan option. If you want less expensive used you could get a Ricoh mpc 2500. There a little older and are known to have some issues with charge rollers. If you want new and cheap the Samsung clx-9250 gives decent buisness color it's A3 and may have rebates( it does in the US). YOu'll get what you pay for, good luck !

Masterchief
09-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Kurnal

Has opted to buy a MPC2000/2500, are there any repair guys that are in the UK and can help him getting one of these in good condition

Masterchief

Custom Search