PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 stuck in hour glass mode

Custom Search

copiertec
08-23-2016, 10:42 PM
I have a Bizhub c360 that is stuck in hour glass mode. I unplugged every option, usb, cat 5, adf, fax board and the HDD, I cleaned and re-seated memory Dimm and no change. I'm not even able to get into service mode. Is it the HDD? Any help would be appreciated.

Synthohol
08-23-2016, 11:27 PM
have you tried booting to a firmware stick?

copiertec
08-23-2016, 11:58 PM
No, I haven't. I was contacted by the customer because the company that was out there prior, left the copier in that state and didn't return. I have access to firmware and service manuals,but I am not that familiar with Konica Minoltas,

Woxner
08-24-2016, 01:35 AM
This is useally the firmware gone wacko if not it could be mfp or ssd board. but firmware fixes this most of the time.
Just copy the files from the folder to the usb root. dont worry about the ones outside the folder. nothing else should be on the drive. 2gb usb is recommended but 8 will work

copiertec
08-24-2016, 02:05 AM
Thank you, Woxner, I appreciate the information. Being the MFP is stuck in this hour glass mode, will I be able to update the firmware or do I need it in a command mode?

Woxner
08-24-2016, 02:35 AM
once you put the usb stick in the service port and turn the machine on it will allow you to updated firmware it may take 5 minutes or so to boot so have a beer. no command mode

mearmi
08-24-2016, 08:57 AM
I have a Bizhub c360 that is stuck in hour glass mode. I unplugged every option, usb, cat 5, adf, fax board and the HDD, I cleaned and re-seated memory Dimm and no change. I'm not even able to get into service mode. Is it the HDD? Any help would be appreciated.

Update the firmware

habik
08-24-2016, 12:34 PM
I'd try Trouble Reset > Firmware > MFP Board

copiertec
08-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Well, I updated the firmware ( AOEDOVO-FOOO-GD8-D1) the MFP said it downloaded it, I turned it off from control panel, then front door switch, unplugged from the wall, removed usb stick, powered back on and still the same result. I tried firmware (AOEDOVO-FOOO-GOO-D2) with the same results. I noticed there is an NVRAM firmware (AEDOVO-0023-G80-85) but was reluctent to try that one. Should my next step be to replace the MFP Board?

Woxner
08-24-2016, 08:12 PM
next is mfp. dont take it from another machine. install it and turn on after usb with firmware is put in service port.

copiertec
08-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Thank you, Woxner, I appreciate the information. I will the customer know its the MFP PWB (P# AOEDH02006) and go from there. I will post the end result.

kingarthur
08-25-2016, 12:58 PM
When updating FW on this model, don't install scanner FW, it can kill the machine

Don N.
08-27-2016, 09:30 PM
When updating FW on this model, don't install scanner FW, it can kill the machine
We update every C360 with G00-D2 FW. Never experienced a "kill" and hope we never do!
I saved this procedure in case I have to use a used board sometime. I'm told it's the same procedure for all color machines, but need confirmation for this series.33986

copiertec
09-01-2016, 01:07 AM
Thank you all for the responses. I sent the MFP PWB out for repair and received word from the repair company that the board was the issue but they are unable to repair it basically because of irretrievable corrupted data. Now I have to discuss with the customer if they want to pay the price for a new one, they are not cheap!

Hansoon
09-01-2016, 05:17 AM
I sent the MFP PWB out for repair and received word from the repair company that the board was the issue but they are unable to repair it basically because of irretrievable corrupted data.

I sincerely doubt that any repair company is to be able to repair such boards. Besides probably from blown ICP's, how are they going to diagnose that very complicated electronics? Only way would be to hook it up to a same type of machine perhaps but that raises a doubt, they cannot have a testing machine for all brands and types. Besides of that where are they going to get the special dedicated IC's from? Power units could be diagnosed and repaired cause that's more or less standard technology not necessarily brand specific but not the logic boards.

Try to get a junker. They are cheap these days and contain lots of other parts. At least that's what we are doing.

Hans

allan
09-01-2016, 05:55 AM
I sincerely doubt that any repair company is to be able to repair such boards. Besides probably from blown ICP's, how are they going to diagnose that very complicated electronics? Only way would be to hook it up to a same type of machine perhaps but that raises a doubt, they cannot have a testing machine for all brands and types. Besides of that where are they going to get the special dedicated IC's from? Power units could be diagnosed and repaired cause that's more or less standard technology not necessarily brand specific but not the logic boards.

Try to get a junker. They are cheap these days and contain lots of other parts. At least that's what we are doing.

Hans

We have a repair facility but can mostly only fix power supplies or replace suspect ram chips and ICP's.
Mostly used to repair server/computer motherboards were the chips are more available.

...Get boards from an old machines. Someone did share how to fix the license management error and it works like a charm.
Replaced only 1 of those C360 boards ever.

copiertec
09-01-2016, 12:34 PM
So, begins my search for a used MFP PWB. IF anybody has one at a decent price let me know. I'm also going to contact my wholesaler and see what he has to offer as well.

Synthohol
09-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Factory Authorized Circuit Board Repair by Hytec Dealer Services, Inc. (http://www.hytecrepair.com/)
They send you a repaired board first and you send the bad one back.
From my own experience their boards have a 97% success rate and their prices are very reasonable.

Don N.
09-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Factory Authorized Circuit Board Repair by Hytec Dealer Services, Inc. (http://www.hytecrepair.com/)
They send you a repaired board first and you send the bad one back.
From my own experience their boards have a 97% success rate and their prices are very reasonable.
Hytec in Orlando is they only one I know that probably could fix it. They do have test machines for every board they repair. Very reliable. Some proprietary chips they just can't get.
Truth is, their price is just under what a parts c360 costs whsle, so in most cases get the parts machine. Back to that procedure I posted about swapping it out. I think it applies to this series, but be sure. I am finding some parts on eBay...

Ben Around
09-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Another board repair company.
Nationwide
NWRS and FIT are now partnering for the most quality-focused, full service team in the industry. (http://www.nwrsinc.com)

Don N.
09-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Another board repair company.
Nationwide
NWRS and FIT are now partnering for the most quality-focused, full service team in the industry. (http://www.nwrsinc.com)

NONE of these current Konica Minolta models are listed in their repair catalog.
C220/C280/C360
BH223/283/363/423
224/e/284/e/364/e
c224/e/c284/e/c364/e

Albonline
09-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Do yourself a favor and try starting it up with the nv board disconnected. in my experence if it took the flash, and the checksum was correct, the board is good. the nv board on this unit is reaching the battery life limit. do you have access to another nv to try in it?

Custom Search