PDA

View Full Version : Email on Direct Input missing. E series with Pagescope Enterprise

Custom Search

wseyller
08-26-2016, 04:58 PM
Customer has 10 bizhub E series running with Pagescope Enterprise version 2.3. They have account mgr, authentication mgr, & my panel mgr.
They got new copiers about 3 months ago. All running G20-K8 and Function level 7

There is one C454e that when you select the Scan/Fax button you get a message saying "Aquiring My Address Book... Please Wait..."
I click ok and sometimes it will work the next time. I've had to press ok on this message three times to get it to work sometimes.

Then if you touch direct input, only the fax shows. Customer is looking for the email button.

Their other devices that do not show this behavior and doesn't matter what user account is used. I logged in with the main admin account. The user can send email with the "Scan to Me" button or if email is in the address book.

I have checked in "Administrator">Security Settings>Security Detail>Manual Destination Input> and it is set for Allow All.

I wonder if something with Pagescope enterprise could cause this. I looked through my Panel mgr and couldn't find anything related to this.

KMBS support is wanting me to unmanage from PSES and format HDD and SDD and re-set it all back up. At first they wanted me to use another C454e in customers network that doesn't have the issue and export the "Device Settings". It will not import to this device cause it says serial number is different. He asked me to edit the serial number on the exported dat file but then it says File format error.

I would like to exhaust all my resources before doing that.

Screenshots

emujo
08-26-2016, 05:47 PM
I am having the same issue with a fleet of these, PSES is at version 3.000. I did another install using 3.2 and the issue did not show up. Waiting for the customer to set aside a time to upgrade to see if this resolves, but we have the exact same symptoms. If you un manage the MFP, the direct input tab shows all options. This customer only authenticates for scan to email, all other functions are un restricted, we have deleted and rebuilt the profile templates, and done the machine level re inits, but nothing has helped. Any email addresses loaded as one touches can be used, but no direct input. I originally loaded a version between 3.0 and 3.2, before 3.2 was released, but it had issues with server 2012, the 3.0 version loaded fine. BTW, the update process is pretty painless unless you don't have the SQL SA password, also, if you have any unlicensed modules (I normally install all modules in case they want to add at a later date), you can't proceed with the update. I am going to un install the un used modules 1st then try the update, or temporarily add the needed module license just for the update. Emujo

Synthohol
08-26-2016, 06:40 PM
. At first they wanted me to use another C454e in customers network that doesn't have the issue and export the "Device Settings". It will not import to this device cause it says serial number is different. He asked me to edit the serial number on the exported dat file but then it says File format error.

Hey simply change sw switch 72 to hex 04 and hit fix.
Bounce out and go in admin mode 2nd page external memory backup. Put a 2-4 gig flash drive in the front panel usb slot.
Select export select everything and assign a simple passwird like 1234.
Hit start. That backs up all the settings and wont care about serial numbers.
Then on the troubled machine do the same but select import type passwird and hit start.
Works on all 4 series and 7/8 series.
Im shocked tech support didnt suggest it!
Good luck sir.
Sorry for any spelling errors I hate my phones KB.

wseyller
08-29-2016, 01:55 PM
Emujo,

Do you know if version 2.3 can be upgraded straight to 3.2?

I can't find any documentation on upgrading PSES. Also I found out that the customer is using server 2012 R2 and they don't know the SA password.

You say you had an issue with 3.2 on 2012 R2 and I remember the thread you posted back then. Is this the only time you had an issue with this combination. Have you gotten 3.2 to work on 2012 R2 before. I am thinking about trying to install it on a hyper-v 2012 R2 guest.

I think I am going to update my KMBS ticket and list that the initialization did not work and that have the device unmanaged from PSES causes the icons to reappear. I think it is safe to assume I would have the same results as you.

emujo
08-29-2016, 04:04 PM
Look at the 3.2 specs to see what version of SQL is supported, as long as the current DB is listed, you should be able to update. If they don't have the current SA password, you may be alright...PSES uses mixed mode authentication, and the recommended configuration during the install is to add the "current user" as a SQL admin. Run SQL studio manager, and login to the PSES DB with these credentials and change the SA password right before you do the upgrade. This should allow you to continue with the upgrade using the new password. If you can't find these credentials, I would export the device list, then start shutting down PSES (unlicense devices, then modules, then remove the license keys. Once removed, the keys can be moved to another server). Then just build a new install on the 2012R2 VM. And yes, I have installed 3.2 on at least 3 2012 R2 servers. 3.1 gave me some fits. Emujo

rrrohan
08-30-2016, 07:16 AM
Hey simply change sw switch 72 to hex 04 and hit fix.
Bounce out and go in admin mode 2nd page external memory backup. Put a 2-4 gig flash drive in the front panel usb slot.
Select export select everything and assign a simple passwird like 1234.
Hit start. That backs up all the settings and wont care about serial numbers.
Then on the troubled machine do the same but select import type passwird and hit start.
Works on all 4 series and 7/8 series.
Im shocked tech support didnt suggest it!
Good luck sir.
Sorry for any spelling errors I hate my phones KB.

i find that usb backup to be bit funny sometimes esp with acc track/user auth. not sure if its meant to but it never seems to bring access card data with it. ive only ever been able to duplicate that doing a live transfer in data admin

probaly why features isnt enabled by default

Synthohol
08-30-2016, 12:04 PM
and export the "Device Settings". It will not import to this device cause it says serial number is different.
This was the only aspect of the backup I was suggesting. No need for serial numbers.

wseyller
08-31-2016, 11:32 PM
The issue about the message of acquiring my address book has spread out to all the other machines. I found that if I unmanage it from My Panel manager and I also went ahead and turned off My panel manager setting in system settings/system connection. Doing that prevents this issue, but it did not help with the missing icons in direct input.

Customer actually never used the My Panel module anyway.

But customer has also been having some issues with Office365 they have on their network in the cloud which they switched too when their exchange server went down. That is what caused all of this mess bringing attention to the missing direct input icons.

So the Office365 is setup as a relay for all locations using port 25 with TLS and no authentication. They put a real O365 account in the copiers admin and input address. Some users started experiencing failed emails, and if they keep trying it may go thru. Customer thought it was their problem and thought they fixed it and all was working for a least a day and then more problems occurred.

They have one copier that is not managed to PSES and it has not had any email failures. When unmanaging one of the copiers at the corporate office the emails seem to go though without an issue. The only thing I can think of is based off of a login the copier uses that persons email address from PSES as the sender. I noticed in the copier log that half of the email jobs have no email address and is just blank. Some of those blank logs actually show job complete, and some are errors. Some logs do show the email account and some good, some bad.

They they tell me that one user fixed their scan problem as they tried for half an hour to make it work. They set from 2-sided to 1-sided and never had a failure again. This was with a one page scan. She could duplicate it back an forth and sure enough. The IT dept is going to see if this works with more people and copiers tomorrow, but that just seems bizarre.

I haven't attempted a PSES upgrade yet. I am going on Vacation soon.

wseyller
10-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I figured out the cause of this.

In administrator settings go to user auth/account track then scan to authorized folder. Change limit to do not limit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

emujo
10-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the post, I owe you a cold one...I also found out that any access control software (at least the 2 that we use the most) remove the direct input icons with this setting ON. Not sure who changed this, but I have a happy customer now. I would give you some rep, but I don't think I have that ability. Emujo

wseyller
10-06-2016, 02:49 AM
Glad I was able to help. I am not sure how it changed either because none of our guys would even mess with that setting I'm sure. I'm thinking PSES or something somehow made the change during integration.

I basically exported the management list to usb. I compared it to the same model at the customers site without the issue. Both had identical soft switches. There were two admin settings that were different between the two copiers that were in the ballpark in relation to the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

guycampo
03-12-2019, 03:57 PM
I had this problem and this is the definite fix.Most likely in the deployment guide used to configure the machine a setting in Admin Mode is turned on. Follow these steps:
Utility/Counter –> 3 – Administrator Settings –> 0 –Security Settings ->
4th Section Down -> Select “Manual Destination Input”
Select -> Allow All

Custom Search