PDA

View Full Version : Set up Fiery X3 on Mac os 10.x

Custom Search

Jose
08-26-2006, 05:02 AM
I am trying to Set up a C350 with a Fiery X3 on Mac OS 10.x over a TCPIP network.
I know very little about a Mac.

pspahr
07-17-2008, 03:28 AM
Little late for the reply but:

Surf into the Fiery's web interface (type the IP addy of the Fiery) using any standard web browser. Click on the tab called Downloads. Select the download link for the Mac OSX and save it to a download folder (or wherever). Extract the file using Stuffit (or whatever you like), open the extracted folder, click on the printer installation file. You'll need the user name and a password for the install to continue. If no password is used on the computer the enter the username and put nothing in the password field. Follow the instructions from there on out. Once done open the printers folder, select to add printer. IP or LPD printing is fine, just make sure you know how to find the machine based on that selection. If IP simply enter the Fierys IP addy, select the driver for whatever manufacturer your connecting the Fiery to, give the machine a name other than the IP addy, click finish (if i remember correctly) and finally select the options included on the machine.

These instructions are about 90% on but you may find I left a step out or included an uneccesary step. You'll figure it out.

Custom Search