PDA

View Full Version : C224_284_364e Toner empty message email report 2% >> 0%

Custom Search

habik
08-26-2016, 08:11 PM
Rather odd request.

Is there a SSW for changing the timing of "Change toner"message on the display which starts at 2% to 0% which is the primary time for sending email. Machine won't send email unless it reaches 0%.
Firmware K9 emails are coming thrugh but only at 0%. When customer replaces cartridge at 2% we don't get email through.
We have Toner near empty swithced off for obvious reasons, premature toner exchange causing it to be stuck at 2% when replaced early.When toner level reaches true 2%, then throws message Change toner and no email sent.

habik
08-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Anyone brave enough to edit firmware?

allan
08-27-2016, 11:19 PM
I think under unit change you can switch of the toner low message so the machine will only demand toner when finished.
That should stop them from changing the bottle to soon.

Ok my bad did not get the last bit of your post.

habik
08-28-2016, 03:17 AM
I think under unit change you can switch of the toner low message so the machine will only demand toner when finished.
That should stop them from changing the bottle to soon.

Ok my bad did not get the last bit of your post.

When machine stops with 0% and shows message Change Toner, email requesting new toner is sent.

When machine comes with 2% remain and message Change Toner, email requesting new toner is NOT sent..unless it goes further down to 0% (a.e.customer puts in last bottle and when they run out, they have machine in Full Stop)

Custom Search