PDA

View Full Version : Biz 223 dual fax kits?

Custom Search

copyman
08-28-2016, 02:49 AM
Stupid question, Looked through all the user & serv manuals and couldn't from a definitive answer, when you have both fax kits installed with 2 separate phone lines it's just like having 2 conventional fax machines? Customer wants to replace 2 old fax machines by adding 2 FK-508 fax kits to a biz 223. They mostly just receive faxes. Will this work?

I think the only time I ever installed a 2nd fax kit was a Biz 601. That customer wanted to fax out same time as receiving.

Thanks in advance

allan
08-28-2016, 05:25 AM
Are the incoming faxes for two different departments?
So just wondering how to keep it separated?

It can take line1 and line2 fax cards.
Should work fine.
Once the second card is installed you can set the function for each card to be TX and RX or TX only.

blackcat4866
08-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I'm fairly certain that you can never send out at exactly the same time that you are receiving, regardless of how may fax cards you have, or how many phone lines you have. The image processor can only handle so many operations at the exact same time. The MFP will accept the Tx and store the data, but there will be a slight delay before sending. Unless you've got you're stopwatch out, it won't be noticeable.

Also, you can only Tx on one of the fax cards, your choice which. I once did a new installation where two companies had shared the cost of the MFP and wanted to Tx independently from each (their own) fax card. It won't happen. The closest that I could get was to set up individualized selectable TTI entries, so if you would like the TTI to read "Company A" or "Company B" you can pre-select it. All Tx are going to be exiting from a single fax card to a single phone line, chosen in the service mode at setup.

Receptions can be received on both fax cards at the same time, but naturally must wait in the queue for their turn to print. =^..^=

copyman
08-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the 2 lines will work for this customer. They are mostly using the faxes for receiving.

JR2ALTA
08-28-2016, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the 2 lines will work for this customer. They are mostly using the faxes for receiving.

if they are forwarding 2 lines to email there a few extra steps required. refer to bulletin in knowledge base.

Custom Search