PDA

View Full Version : SMB server on 8 series

Custom Search

rrrohan
08-30-2016, 07:06 AM
Can somone please clarify this for me

Im trying to (for the first time) setup a SMB server on the copier to share a User-box

As far as I can tell its possible and have gotten as far as being able to browse to copier and can see all the user-boxes that i have shared.
However when i click on it they appear empty which they are def not. I've also tried scanning in a new document and still wont appear

If i try and drag a PDF into the user box windows gives me a error.

Am i misunderstanding the point of SMB share. As in is what Im trying to achieve why SMB Server is in place or is it to enable some different application? I cant find much documentation on it and from what I can tell is only on 8 series.

Im trying to replicate a user-box thats filled with about 60 documents and duplicate it to another copier. In the past Ive just emailed the documents back then re printed them to user box but am trying to save time if possible.
Ive also in the past used a horrible application that integrates into Windows Explorer but it looks like it hasnt been patched since XP days and about 12 months ago i tried it on a 4 series machine and it didnt even work.

Any help configuring the SMB server or alternatives would be great.

Thanks techs

Custom Search