PDA

View Full Version : Di5510 FTP Scanning help needed

Custom Search

gurumarkb
07-10-2008, 09:49 PM
I have a Konica-Minolta Di5510 (7210) and I am stumped as to how to get it to scan to my FTP site. I have successfully created the FTP site on the Windows 2000 SP4 server and can log into FTP and upload files from an XP workstation so I know that's ok but the scanning function doesn't log in. The Di5510 has the following inputs:
1. Profile name
2. Host Address
3. Directory
4. Login Name
5. Login Password
6. Port number
7. Filename

The Profile name is any name I want to call the job.
If I use anything except the servers IP address the scan aborts immediately so I'm not sure what the Host Address is. The name of the W2K Server is called "server".
I've tried the FTP site name for the Directory but there's no example in the manual about what "enter the entire path to the FTP server" means.
I'm using the user name Di5510 and password Di5510 that I set up when creating the FTP site on the W2K server. I also created a W2K user with that name and have my FTP directory security set correctly.
Port number is 21
Filename is any name I want the scan to be saved as.

I've tried umteen zillion combinations for the Host Address and Directory and nothing works. Has anyone successfully scanned to FTP and can help me out please. It shouldn't be difficult but I don't think I have the right syntax for 2 and 3 since there is no example to go by. There is a button to use Annonymus as the login name but then I don't know what W2K has for a default password and I can't leave the password field blank.

HELP PLEASE !!!

joneze
07-11-2008, 10:27 AM
The host address is the IP/Host name of the computer that has your FTP software installed. Make sure you have a root folder and the folder you want the scans to go to within that folder i.e c:\ftproot\scans.
In the directory box you only need to enter scans not the whole path.
Also they are case sensative so if you folder is Scans make sure when setting the scan location to put Scans.

Hope this helps

Custom Search