PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM C7000 operate as printer without the IC unit

Custom Search

ivanski2000
09-05-2016, 07:28 AM
I'd like to open a new forum about the KM bizhub press C7000. Is it possible to run it as a stand alone printer, even with out the IC unit (Fiery). My IC unit HDD "died"? Won't boot up and the company wants to replace the HDD, which cost too much (in my mind). I can replace the HDD, My boss wants me to replace the HDD. but I don't have the OS for it. So i want to run the printer directly via the main unit network card, I can ping the machine and access via browser, BUT the printer is always saying offline? Any ideas.

Synthohol
09-05-2016, 03:24 PM
the machine is not capable of printing without either the IC-601, IC-413, IC-306 or IC-307 controller.
the HDD for the Fiery is a simple 250Gb HDD that costs under $100.00 US.
the system software image is "free" if you ask for it nicely and perhaps show your appreciation to this site and contribute some $$ to help keep it running.
of course this site is not requiring a donation, however when a few of us here see your dedication by becoming a contributor, links to system software may suddenly appear in your inbox once you specify what model Fiery. just saying :)

BTW, does the Fiery show "FF" it may just need SS to be flashed again.

Custom Search