PDA

View Full Version : Di520/620 Piles DV

Custom Search

Accentcp
07-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Hi I have a customer with a DI520 that has started making a pile of developer between the drum and DV unit face.It is right in the middle of the mag rollers and not on each side at all.It's random and sometimes will run all day 1500 2000 copies and be fine, but first thing in the am pile up on the first copy! I've worked with a lot of these units over the years and though I'd seen it all.
Has any one seen this?

fixthecopier
07-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Yes, I have had that happen. I can't remember what I found the reason to be. If it were a charge issue then the toner would stick to the drum and black streaks on copies. I think the last time I cleaned the unit and it would pile up again. The last time I had acess to another parts machine and changed the DV box and have not had it happen again, so I would look there first. It would seem that a ground problem may cause it. It has been so long I am just not sure.

cobiray
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Check the developer unit and bias contacts on the machine. I think I had one or two with this issue where the conductive grease ran/spread and caused a short to ground.

deep
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Check the Ds Positioning Collars.

cobiray
07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Check the Ds Positioning Collars.

I believe they should have yellow on one side and red on the other side. If they have build up on them you may be able to clean them off.

kink#2
07-13-2008, 03:22 AM
try loosen the screw under the DV unit a couple turns,
it will fix it.

Custom Search