PDA

View Full Version : C224e mysterious printing issue

Custom Search

Cynykal1
09-09-2016, 05:26 PM
I have a customer with a C224e attempting to print from a specialized banking application called Deposit Pro. Intermittently, the print job will hang up and lock up the C224e to the point that they must PO/PO (Power off/ power on) the machine to clear the print queue. No error codes are generated, but any subsequent print job gets held behind the stuck job; cannot delete the frozen print job and PO/PO clears the queue completely, so any files printed while the machine is locked up must be resubmitted.

I have updated the machine to the latest version of firmware and checked all settings to make sure nothing obscure on the copier itself is causing the problem. On the customer computer I have tried updating the print driver; used both the PCL and PS versions of the driver; changed the driver settings to raw; changed the driver to print directly to the printer rather than spooling the job and pretty much anything else I could think of. The software allows the user to select individual files to be printed and then creates a single spool file for printing. I noticed that every time a job would hang up on the copier, the copier would report fewer total pages than were in the actual print job. For example, the spool file in the copier queue would report 22/22 pages printed, but the actual print job contains 26 pages. It seems as if the header being generated by the Deposit Pro program is reporting fewer pages than are actually generated, so the copier thinks it has received all pages and is waiting for the EOF marker, but the print spooler is still trying to send print data, so the EOF marker never gets sent and the copier locks up.

I have attempted to locate the software developer, but the program is so industry-specific that there is apparently no publicly available contact information. I suspect that the culprit lies with the customer's computer configuration and something that was done during install of Deposit Pro, because other users within this account have the exact same configuration and don't experience the problem. Customer has even replaced the computer with a new one and reinstalled all the applications only to have the same problem on the new machine.

I know this is obscure, but am hoping that someone may have some insight to either a work-around or has experienced this problem themselves and miraculously discovered a cure. Thanks for any help.

emujo
09-09-2016, 06:36 PM
If this is just page printing, try a generic HP driver. I've seen issues where the print job file never sends and end of page command so the printer just sits and waits for the next page. Usually indicated by data light flashing but nothing spooling. Emujo

Cynykal1
09-09-2016, 08:19 PM
If this is just page printing, try a generic HP driver. I've seen issues where the print job file never sends and end of page command so the printer just sits and waits for the next page. Usually indicated by data light flashing but nothing spooling. Emujo

Thanks -- will try this and post results as soon as I am able to test

AjitN
09-11-2016, 04:19 AM
You can try few simple things if possible.
Try to generate PDF file from application software OR print it to PDF generating printer like 'Do PDF' - Acrobat Distiller etc.
Try that pdf to print . If this prints OK there is something to do with Application which you need to explain to customer

Hope his helps

alexbarcelona
09-11-2016, 06:18 AM

hello emujo i have bizhub 363 with message : the following funtions cannot be used because the scaner is not solution i need firmware recovery nvram A1UD0Y0-F000-GQ7-D1(00).exe this is an old new model for you but for me please help me and try what it says in the post but not solved

Synthohol
09-11-2016, 12:56 PM
hello emujo i have bizhub 363 with message : the following funtions cannot be used because the scaner is not solution i need firmware recovery nvram A1UD0Y0-F000-GQ7-D1(00).exe this is an old new model for you but for me please help me and try what it says in the post but not solved
what a bizarre hijack attempt.
dude, just do a system error clear and start your own thread if needed.
if you really want the firmware ill give it to you only if you stop hijacking random threads with the same question over and over. that's not how the forum works.

emujo
09-12-2016, 01:24 PM
if you really want the firmware ill give it to you only if you stop hijacking random threads with the same question over and over. that's not how the forum works.

This douche has PM'd me twice with the same "please send me firmware" request. Some people's kids...Emujo

AjitN
09-12-2016, 06:23 PM

I fully agree with you.
This site / forum is so important for field person who is stuck up, may not be because of lack of skill level or experience but many times just because of work pressure ( happens with everybody).
Importance is to have healthy interaction / communication with each other to resolve few things which may took place due to above or overlooked.
Many times people just go overboard with their own issues ( which are welcomed as this site is meant for that) but they forget headline/problem statement of the forum.
Many times it kills the interest to read the forum further.

alexbarcelona
09-13-2016, 03:47 AM
I fully agree with you.
This site / forum is so important for field person who is stuck up, may not be because of lack of skill level or experience but many times just because of work pressure ( happens with everybody).
Importance is to have healthy interaction / communication with each other to resolve few things which may took place due to above or overlooked.
Many times people just go overboard with their own issues ( which are welcomed as this site is meant for that) but they forget headline/problem statement of the forum.
Many times it kills the interest to read the forum further.

as a new forum please explain that I can create menu to activate my question
apologize to everyone not speak their language and I find it difficult

emujo
09-13-2016, 02:06 PM
Post a "new" thread, explain what the problem is and what you've done to resolve it. Keep in mind that this site is for mainly for trained techs that have access to manuals, parts, and firmware, and are looking for assistance in solving their issue. We are not hear to be your copier repair service, and it can offend when you have no idea what you are doing and ask for firmware or a detailed step by step procedure on how to do something. No one cares that you are in a different country and "can't find" a qualified tech, AND btw, firmware will not solve the problem that you have, your scanner is locked out for a reason, until you resolve the problem, you will continue to get this message. And please, if you feel that you must reach out personally to a member, please check to see if they are OK with your PMs. Emujo

alexbarcelona
09-13-2016, 09:36 PM
Post a "new" thread, explain what the problem is and what you've done to resolve it. Keep in mind that this site is for mainly for trained techs that have access to manuals, parts, and firmware, and are looking for assistance in solving their issue. We are not hear to be your copier repair service, and it can offend when you have no idea what you are doing and ask for firmware or a detailed step by step procedure on how to do something. No one cares that you are in a different country and "can't find" a qualified tech, AND btw, firmware will not solve the problem that you have, your scanner is locked out for a reason, until you resolve the problem, you will continue to get this message. And please, if you feel that you must reach out personally to a member, please check to see if they are OK with your PMs. Emujo

even I can not find how to create questions in forum
the problem was solucionate nvram reset
if someone has the same problem make an nvram reset
there are always new things to learn

I understand that here not send free firmware

but greetings to all authorized or unauthorized technicians
The solution was to reset NVRAM
Here I see many good answers has not yet happened to me but that later serve me
another page that is good is yoreparo in Spanish but a little outdated
in copytechnet it is more modern
mine is the language problem and look for the menus again post

but greetings to all authorized or unauthorized technicians ........... having a great day !!!!!!!!!

google translate

Custom Search