PDA

View Full Version : C258 scan delay

Custom Search

copier addict
09-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Hey everybody
I have a customer with a C258 that has an issue when faxing multiple documents.

She will put the first document in the DF, select the one touch and send, then place the second document in the DF. She will select the one touch, hit Start and there is a noticeable hesitation before the DF will start scanning.(about 5 seconds) I tested it with a 4 series machine we have in the shop and scanning starts immediately when sending the second document. I also tried it with scanning and it does the same thing. This wouldn't normally be a big issue, but it is in a busy law office and they often have many documents to send to many different destinations.
Tech support suggested initializing fax board and data clear. I did both and no change. He had a C368 at his location and he tested it and it would scan second document as soon as the start button was pressed.
I installed the extra 2GB memory chip and that didn't help either.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks

allan
09-13-2016, 05:21 PM
firmware?

copier addict
09-13-2016, 06:56 PM
firmware?

I forgot to mention, the tech support guy had me make sure the "power sub CPU" firmware was at G00-10. It is at that level

habik
09-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Is the network speed on auto 10/100/1000MBs!?

Are the network settings and scan settings identical?

Try uninstall and re-install the adf with all initial setup settings inc. magnification B side.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

wseyller
09-14-2016, 05:25 AM
Unless someone else has any other ideas it may be worth doing a full initialization/data clear on this unit and setting it up from scratch and be done with it. Just make sure to write down all the network settings, backup address book, ect.

copier addict
09-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Unless someone else has any other ideas it may be worth doing a full initialization/data clear on this unit and setting it up from scratch and be done with it. Just make sure to write down all the network settings, backup address book, ect.

As stated in the first post I did a data clear with no change. Thanks for the suggestion.

mx6turbo89
09-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Have you tried an HDD format?

copier addict
09-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Have you tried an HDD format?

I haven't tried that yet. It is on my list, which only has "format hard drive" on it so far. lol

wseyller
09-14-2016, 10:58 PM
I haven't tried that yet. It is on my list, which only has "format hard drive" on it so far. lol
Oh sorry I read it as you only did fax initialize. I now see you mentioned data clear

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

copier addict
10-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Update.
I went to the customer's on Friday with a diagnostic MFPB supplied by KonMin and the latest firmware, released last Wednesday October 5th. Installed the board and firmware and it fixed the problem. Of course I thought the MFPB caused the issue. So I re-installed the original board and new firmware and when I tested it before leaving it worked properly. Looks like KonMin was aware of the scanning issue and fixed it with firmware.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Custom Search