PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Older devices and web browsers

Custom Search

emujo
09-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Customer upgraded to IE11, unable to access PSWC. With my laptop I can connect (ie10). Disabled SSL and could once more connect with customer equipment..So I found that both IE and Mozilla don't play well with th web connection once SSL is enabled, IE just poops the bed, Firefox at least gives that weak Delphi Huffman key. Chrome doesn't seem to care either way. I have PSES running on 4 devices at an account, 1 Cxx8, 1 C287, 1 C654e, and one 423..Guesss which one now has a communication issue when confirming connection in device management. I tried running PSES within chrome, IE and Firefox. Every model but the 423 responds correctly. Had the tech update f/w to D6, HDD format and all data clear, went back in and created certs, enabled SSL and the associated TCP settings. No joy..does anyone have any suggestions on IE settings to allow proper communication with these older devices and IE11? TIA Emujo

mrwho
09-15-2016, 08:16 AM

Try this. Saved my ass a few days ago accessing a C253. Told the customer soon he'd need to have a spare computer or a virtual machine running an old browser just to access the machine's webpage.

copier addict
09-15-2016, 02:24 PM
I use Firefox for all machines and have never had a problem. IE and Chrome have many issues

mrwho
09-15-2016, 08:26 PM
I use Firefox for all machines and have never had a problem. IE and Chrome have many issues

The customer where I was not even Firefox would work. That above was the only way out.

jotunn
09-16-2016, 10:00 AM
You can try to use Pale Moon web browser - it's an old Firefox (pre 29 version) fork, and usually works better than new browsers.

Custom Search