PDA

View Full Version : Error Code B654 C-2558

Custom Search

Brett GS
09-15-2016, 06:28 PM
Hi all
Got a B654 giving C-2558.
I know what the code is but going there tomorow with another tech to assist.
So far he has replaced the developer unit,toner (original) and sub hopper but he says the code comes back within 10 pages.
Anyone got anything else that i can try?
Im not sure what firmware is on currently.
ICP maybe??

Thanks in advance
Brett

minimerlin
09-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Hi all
Got a B654 giving C-2558.
I know what the code is but going there tomorow with another tech to assist.
So far he has replaced the developer unit,toner (original) and sub hopper but he says the code comes back within 10 pages.
Anyone got anything else that i can try?
Im not sure what firmware is on currently.
ICP maybe??

Thanks in advance
BrettToner bottle drives?

mo0651
09-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Can you view the ratio in service mode? If it is reading correctly then it is probably a board. Do copies look over toned?

Woxner
09-17-2016, 03:22 AM
do the latest firmware. they made some changes for the detection on toner and dev

Woxner
09-17-2016, 03:24 AM
The Toner density detection has been improved to be more sensitive. An "Abnormal high toner density" message may occur more frequently if there is no developer around the TCR sensor due to insufficient shaking of Imaging unit.

Pay close attention to shaking the Imaging unit(s) properly to level the toner and also keeping the Imaging unit level when installing it into the machine.

This is what i found

Brett GS
09-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Hi guys
All sorted,thanks for the advice.
Problem was the toner ratio was way too high in the dev unit,it was sitting on 14% and tcr was set to +3 in service mode,i set it to -3 and ran solid black half tones until i got it down too 7%,i then set tcr back to 0 and all worked fine for the hour i waited to see if the code came back.

Previous techs had fun with settings and that was the cause of the code all the time

Thanks again.

Custom Search