PDA

View Full Version : C6501 with LCT issues, PF-602 will not unlock...

Custom Search

methogod
09-16-2016, 02:19 AM
Ok, so this machine is a dinosaur, 5m on it and running like a champ. Picked up a C6501 full boat for cheap for a dedicated heavy stock printer, ended up parting it out to keep other machines running.

Everything works, so I don't get it. Tray will not unlock, when you pull the handle you hear the solenoid click.

Tested I/O and can make them pop as well. Cleaned the top sensors behind the feed on Tray 5 and it started working for a hour, then went back to not unlocking.

From my limited knowledge I think the only reason they lock is if it senses paper exiting the tray.... may be wrong.

Any direction before I go crazy :)

texchar
09-16-2016, 03:31 AM
did you check the connectors behind the trays ? or why don't you just stick your finger in the holes to manually pull out the trays.

allan
09-16-2016, 09:03 AM
Not completely sure.
I think if the lift plate does not drop it cant open.
There is an adjustment on the side of the tray like a blue plastic wingnut to get the lift plate to stay up so that you can set the pickup tire clearance.
If that is not working ok the tray will not open??

There is a plastic bit on the drawer face that can be removed check if the plate is up??
Only had a fight with one before.....
Sound like a similar problem.

DigiMan
09-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Opening the door and lifting the lock in the hole manually drops the plate and opens the tray?
As far as i remember it locks when it detects a jam or if another tray is open at the moment.
Also as allan suggested locking the lift plate up makes a difference?
Maybe swapping the trays or the solenoids between them?
Byting on bits..

Only once i had an issue with one of these where as an tiny piece of paper went in the connector behind the tray and it was doing all kind of weird stuff.

methogod
09-16-2016, 03:00 PM
Been using the manual release. Will check connectors, and lift settings.....

thanks,

tulintron
09-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Already I came across a similar problem.

when I pressed the drawer 04 to open, releasing the solenoid of the drawer 05.

when I pressed the drawer 05 to open, releasing the solenoid of the drawer 04.

I test I / O check, seonsores and everything was ok.

then I pulled the covers of drawers and operated the machine for 01 hours.

then I put the lids and drawers again function normally.

I not find anything wrong, but I cleaned the sensors of the handles of the drawers.

Custom Search