PDA

View Full Version : C253 to C224, Import / Export ???

Custom Search

copyman
09-17-2016, 01:22 PM
Can the address book, etc be Exported from a C253 and Imported to C224 ? Not sure if the newer machines use.txt file like the older models do?

Thanks

Synthohol
09-17-2016, 01:39 PM
you can download the address book via PSWC and apply it to the 4 series.

wseyller
09-17-2016, 05:45 PM
You should be able to from pagescope data administrator.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

copyman
09-17-2016, 07:39 PM
I tried exporting address book from a C253 and importing to C224 and it didn't work. I even tried changing from a .txt file to a .dat file which the "4" series uses and it still didn't work.

Called my friend from K/M and he told me they had a lot of issues importing/exporting from the 2 & 3 series to the 4 series. Basically everything has to be put back in manually:(

allan
09-17-2016, 08:08 PM
As per wseyller use data administrator make life with KM machines a whole lot simpler.

MFPTech
09-18-2016, 01:40 PM
The way i do it is
1. add 2 new destinations on the new machine and export the address book
2. export the address book of the old machine
3. Copy / paste and import

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mr Spock
09-19-2016, 12:41 AM
I have done it from a c253 to a c554e but you do need the latest version to accomplish this.
Hook up the old with crossover and load into data admin (both if you have a switch makes it easier)
download the address book and save it.
hook the other up import the address book and push it out to new machine.

If you have both hooked up then load both machines into data admin
goto multiple machine mode and copy the address from one to the other without needing to save.

wseyller
09-19-2016, 03:21 AM
I do this with new installs all the time. I hook up with Ethernet cable direct to old copier. Register in data admin software. Load address book. Export address book to tab text type file.

Then hook up laptop to new copier. Load address book then import the file. Then you map each column to the appropriate field. Then export back into the new copier. After you do it a few times it is second nature. You can do the same with account track id's.

allan
09-19-2016, 04:53 AM
I do this with new installs all the time. I hook up with Ethernet cable direct to old copier. Register in data admin software. Load address book. Export address book to tab text type file.

Then hook up laptop to new copier. Load address book then import the file. Then you map each column to the appropriate field. Then export back into the new copier. After you do it a few times it is second nature. You can do the same with account track id's.

Have a job coming up with RFID card.
I wonder if the card registration info will export with the authentication data?
I know it does with the same models not sure between models.

MFPTech
09-19-2016, 03:27 PM
The way i do it is
1. add 2 new destinations on the new machine and export the address book
2. export the address book of the old machine
3. Copy / paste and import

i would like to add that i don't need my laptop at all to do this, nor the notorious Konica Admin software.
I export the address book of the old machine on customer's PC.
Connect the new machine and add 2 addresses. Export the address book of the new machine on the same customer's PC.
Open both old and new files on excel and copy paste the data from the old to the new one.
Import the new file to the machine - Done!
This is such a piece of cake that sometimes i call secretaries and tell her how it's done. it takes them no more than 5 minutes!

avecosat
09-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Make sure you have update last firmware the two machines and test different version of pagescope data administrator .......

Custom Search