PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine bizhub C368 - completly death

Custom Search

Laserbeam
09-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Hello at all,

this morning called me a customer, saying that his bizhub C368 is completely dead. Nothing appears in the screen, no LED, no operating noise, nothing! The wall socket is okay, the supply voltage is present.
The Konica Minolta Hotline has no solution or the problem is not yet known.
Any ideas where I could start?

fearless
09-19-2016, 12:33 PM
I had one that was working in our office,and over the weekend ,it went dead in the water.I ended up replacing MFP Board.good luck

Synthohol
09-19-2016, 01:33 PM
check the fuses on all the PSU boards and the circuit breaker near the power cord connection. (if it has one)

mo0651
09-19-2016, 02:35 PM
I would not hide under my desk!! time to be a technician... Why would you call on KonMin before visiting the call? Get your circuit tester and meter in hand. Confirm what CUSTOMER told you...
Including checking the SUB-POWER switch. No lights? no Fans? Start with Lights on Boards? Memory Chips...and power supply! Does customer have a SURGE PROTECTOR??:cool:

allan
09-19-2016, 04:04 PM
You have to love dead machine calls.
They are fun to fix.

DigiMan
09-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Did you actually check all these things by yourself or not?
Just got back from a same call on a 601 i shit you not.
The power plug was a bit pulled from the machine side but from a distance it looked ok.
Me:yes sir did you check the power plug?
customer:boy..im a tech for 20 years,dont ask me such things just get your ass over here!
Fun times.

Laserbeam
09-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Today I was at the customer. The machine is not completely dead. After pressing the main switch the scanner is moving his home position procedure, two fans are working (one at the rear side and one at the power-supply board. The fixing unit drive-motor rotates until a certain temperature is reached. The display remains dark. No reaction by pressing the sub-switch or start-button.
Looks like MFP-Board is defective? I'll order one.

habik
09-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Today I was at the customer. The machine is not completely dead. After pressing the main switch the scanner is moving his home position procedure, two fans are working (one at the rear side and one at the power-supply board. The fixing unit drive-motor rotates until a certain temperature is reached. The display remains dark. No reaction by pressing the sub-switch or start-button.
Looks like MFP-Board is defective? I'll order one.

Is the display connected properly??
have you tried re-connecting all connectors on boards? Whilst at it check for 5V, 24V 3.3V ?
You could tried the Recovery tool or just plain Firmware re-load? Does the display come to life then when you trying loading firmware?

It may be the MFPB, I'd just personally start with the Power supply up to the display and boards.

mo0651
09-20-2016, 08:03 PM
The C368 series dance of DEATH!!! Did you put on the prevent firmware??? Or no??:cool:
Definitely a weak series of machines.

copyman
09-20-2016, 10:05 PM
before replacing any boards i would check that display connection is tight. Next I would flash firmware & check nvram

Laserbeam
09-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Display connection is tight. I reconnect all connections without success.
Firmware rewriting is not possible, the USB-Stick LED flashes shortly and then remains dark.
Tomorrow the MFP-board should arrive, then I will report again.

Mitch Barron
09-21-2016, 01:31 PM
If i am reading the problem correctly, it sounds like a HDD issue. The machine is booting and directly staying in idle. I would also be checking the hdd for problems. Had a dead machine in the recent past and a new hdd fixed things up nice. Just my opinion though. best of luck.

Laserbeam
09-23-2016, 02:37 PM
HDD replacement was negative, still the same problem occurs. After replacement a new MFP-board, the machine works now correctly!!!!!!:)
The cause was the MFP-board.

habik
09-23-2016, 03:11 PM
Well done! All the best, & nice weekend!!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Mitch Barron
09-23-2016, 03:24 PM
yaaaaaaahhhhh! Nice when great minds come together with a positive outcome. Weekend (and perhaps a beer) earned! Have a good one all!

REGSIS
09-23-2016, 03:58 PM
If i am reading the problem correctly, it sounds like a HDD issue. The machine is booting and directly staying in idle. I would also be checking the hdd for problems. Had a dead machine in the recent past and a new hdd fixed things up nice. Just my opinion though. best of luck.

This machine doesn't boot from HDD (which is used for user box, secure print, address book....)
FYI HDD can be turned OFF in service mode and machine can be used normaly but w/o user box functionality, limited address book (100 instead 1000)....

Custom Search