PDA

View Full Version : Samsung A4 Product Line

Custom Search

unisys12
07-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Just wondering about anyones input on this product line. Our owners are looking at the Samsung 35-45 ppm machines for an addition to our Savin line. Just wondering what others have experienced from this family of MFP's.

blackcat4866
07-12-2008, 05:52 PM
I have high hopes. We just became dealers this week, but for the segment 1 & 2 machines. Kyocera has some gaps in the product line.

Secondhand, I've heard that for billable customers repair costs quickly surpass replacement cost. I suppose we'll see. =^..^=

JustManuals
07-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Samsung makes a quality machine. We have a 40" HDTV by Samsung that has a far better picture than our Sony 43" HDTV. I carry all of the manuals for the Samsung printers and fax on my site but they are not big sellers.

HtH
Paul@justmanuals.com

cobiray
07-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I've heard we may pick them up in addition to the Ricoh family. The rep who was in said they are all tool free units and training is done in house in only half a day. :eek: I'm not sure if that last part is going to turn out good or bad. I'd also love to hear from someone who's worked on them first hand.

Tonerbomb
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Sorry guy's this ain't the TV and cell phone division of Samsung. We're now getting the new MFP's after several years of their fax and printer eq. I'm not fond of their boxes or their warrante support. I've seen a new 65xxx(whatever) on the demo floor lock up 4 times in the last week, and it only scans up to 8.5x14". Good Luck!

unisys12
07-18-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm not fond of their boxes or their warrante support. I've seen a new 65xxx(whatever) on the demo floor lock up 4 times in the last week, and it only scans up to 8.5x14". Good Luck!

I understand the 8.5x14 limitation, but that's the least of my worries. What is it about the warranty support that rubs you the wrong way? Please don't tell me it's anything like HP's!! And the lock ups remind me of Xerox and those are memories I really don't want to relive. :mad:

I found out this afternoon that our owners are taking a little road trip, tomorrow morning, to another dealer that is carrying them. He is going to let them check'em out, talk to the guys there and what not.

As for training, we were told that it would be a three day affair which would cover from the 35ppm up to the 55ppm(?). Not real sure. Oh well, we will see tomorrow afternoon for sure. I will report back with any other details tomorrow night.

Then it's off to E Copy class next week followed by a week of vacation! Yippy!! :D

unisys12
07-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Well it looks like it's a done deal. So... After I come back from E Copy class and vaction, it looks like I will be going to the three day class for Samsungs, so... ;)

cobiray
07-20-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm interested in hearing what your opinion of them is once training is completed. Management is looking at them and I'd like some first hand opinions on the machines. I know everything is all roses when you first start a new line, but first impressions are usually right. Hopefully this thread is still around then.

Tonerbomb
07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Sorry for the late response U12. We've had the Samsung fax line for 10 years or so. We also are an ASC for any off the shelf warranty. It's a pain in the ass!and now it's all via web,execpt color printers(customer has to call them first). The service and parts manuals leave alot to be desired. They have recently aquired a few people for the hot line that are pretty good. As for being a Samsung ASC... It maybe good for the TV guy's , but for printers and such you won't make any money on warranty work.

P.S. It's built like it's priced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobiray
07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
P.S. It's built like it's priced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not good.:mad:

just a tech
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
We've been selling and servicing them for a little while now and they are not bad for a lower end MFP. Have not had too many problems out of them. The fax systems seem a little more problematic than other brands. Seems the slightest noise on the line messes with them. We usually turn the ECM modes off during installation due to having dropped faxes in the past. As far as the training goes, when their service rep. came to our place, he really didn't show us shit. (there really isn't a whole lot to most of these boxes anyway). When I asked about online training, formal school training, or even an online database for us service providers other than the GSPN website, it seemed like every other question was answered with, " Well, we're still in the infancy stages right now but we're working on it. " ... What really raised an eyebrow was that the service rep. didn't even know how to get into service mode on a couple of the models we had in the room. Anyways, I believe they fit in nicely in the catagory of lower end copiers. Ya know, the one where the customer don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a console copier yet doesn't want to go to office max either. We've only got a few of their color copiers out so far, but they don't seem too bad.. yet-- lol..

Andyrsv
07-25-2008, 06:53 AM
I have worked for the same dealer for 23 years and we used to sell Samsung typewriters and faxes about 18 years ago. They were cheap and nasty so we dropped them .We started selling the MFP about a year ago and they are still cheap but seem to be reliable apart from the fax side.
Samsung seem very keen to impress us at the moment and support is good but the parts take too long to get hold of. We will soon be selling the new colour MFP. Look forward to that...NOT

Lagonda
10-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Just had a look at the Samsung CLX 8380 colour copier that sales are thinking of adding to our line up. They look like they are built to a price, not to impressed with way its held together with self tapping screws into plastic. Even the fuser is held in with self tappers in to the plastic frame, wonder how long they will last before they strip out?
I'd only want to put them out as a "foot in the door" copier and upgrade them to a real colour copier within 2 years.

Anybody had any experience with running them?

Andyrsv
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Just installed a Samsung CLX 8380 in our showroom on Friday and totally agree with you Lagonda. I couldn't find the colour driver on their download website ,only a mono one. Managed to get hold of one eventually from a colleague but not over impressed. Time will tell.:rolleyes:

taraujo
11-16-2008, 06:34 AM
After two years selling and servicing Samsung MFPs I am happy about the product line, specially the new 45 box and the 8380 color unit.

Most of my problems have been with defective toners. They use radio frequencies to communicate with the machine and some locations are prone to have a few problems with interference. But they've been good replacing defective supplies. The support service has improved quite a lot in the past six months. I truly believe Samsung will become our first line as they come out with more boxes based on the 45 design.

We haven't made a lot a money as an authorized service center but it hasn't been bad either. Actually we don't really care about that since we prefer to only service the products we sell. They have been very cooperative supporting our own warranty repairs.

Overall, it has been a positive experience and I do not hesitate on recommending them as a secondary line. Connectivity is also one of the best I've see on the market.

As you can see I'm very excited about the new Samsung product line. :)

Good luck!

Canuck
05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Easy to upgrade system software....other than that they are plastic pieces of junk. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!

pacman
06-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Interesting. We have a number of these in the field and have had very little issues with Samsung from the 8380, 6555, and 6345 models. We just plug them in, network them and the go. Very few jams and the only calls we get from the end user is for toner.

jpcopy
06-12-2009, 08:28 PM
we tried one of the 6345 last year and sent it back. the skew in the one we had was just to great to live with and no adjustment for it. I know it a cheap machine but several companies make cheap machines and even inkjet that do not have a skew so why should they. have they resolved the problem? the wholesaler we were dealing with had one in show room and it also skewed. wholesalers tech said there was a firmware update to fix and when he installed he said it didn't seem any better. would like to sell their machines but they need to work right not just almost.

Custom Search