PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous "replace drum" warning intermittently showing up Bizhub C224...Opinions plz!

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
09-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Greetings all. Hope you are all busy throwing screwdrivers at the products that pay our bills. Funny the love/hate relations we have with our machines and customers sometimes.

Speaking of love/hate, I am currently having a dispute with an Ineo+224 that intermittently decides that the Yellow drum unit is through and needs to be replaced. Problem is is that the unit(IU) is brand new (for the second time (it's not defective).

The machine has just over 35,000 prints and the customer ordered a new drum yellow. I delivered the new unit and installed it and the everything was fine. After a few weeks the warning appeared again and I replaced the drum again thinking the part was defective. Now it is doing it again. I have personally seen the problem arise and go again. My question for you lovely people would be where the problem possible could reside? I have a feeling the problem could be with relay connector to the drum's chip, but seeing as how the relay connector seems to be quite the job on it's own, i thought I would ask all of you on the off chance someone has some experience with this issue. Firmware is on the newest stand. I thank anyone for a little guidance in advance.

I prone to forgetting valuable information so go easy on me if I left a crucial detail out.

Thank you all!

Mitch

Synthohol
09-21-2016, 02:58 PM
if you print the consumables page is it showing the correct minutes of use?

CompyTech
09-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Turn off the display end of life messages in the service mode. Look under System 1, User Settings.

habik
09-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Them springs on the relay connector do snapn ocassionally and cause all sort of isues.

Had it on C554e toner bottle was going funny.

Byting on bits.

habik
09-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Turn off the display end of life messages in the service mode. Look under System 1, User Settings.
Think he is charging client for drums I think. But his call at the end of the day.

Byting on bits.

Mitch Barron
09-22-2016, 07:13 AM
Morning! Thanks for the replies. Greatly appreciated. The minutes used is correct on the consumables page. I do believe it is a mechanical problem, but i do like the idea of switching of the near life display! I can't see it rectifying the situation, but for troubleshooting reasons it would be interesting how the machine performs with the warning shut off. Units are sadly not sold to the customer (i wish they were) but I have a contract with this customer so all the greenbacks are coming from my pocket. I will switch the setting off and see how the machine likes it and report back. Thanks for the tip!

Habik, have you ever replaced the relay connector before? Big job? I am not scared to do it, but if it is easy enough, perhaps I will just go ahead and replace it on the upcoming service call.

BR

Mitch

allan
09-22-2016, 10:32 PM
I have had it where the machine will be ok and the monitor tool on the PC will report that the unit needs to be replaced.

habik
09-23-2016, 07:45 AM
Hi Miitch,

I replaced the toner bottle relay cartridge. If memory serves me well it was a clip in hinge system and 3 pin connector.
When I did it I took the whole toner hopper out for easy removal as it was housed on the hopper.
When you get new relay you may figure it out .

Hope this helps.

Byting on bits.

REGSIS
09-23-2016, 08:02 AM
The minutes used is correct on the consumables page.

Are you saying that "Replace drum uniti Y" is shown on display under 8300M (which is end of life limit).

In that case solution is easy: Turn DRUM/DEV life stop settings to NO STOP and meesage will not appear again.

And BTW near life display settings is under System2/ Unit change (not system1) and not affecting actual drum stop but just near life display warning. Anyway turn it off.

Custom Search