PDA

View Full Version : C550 & C451 Transfer Drive Gear ODD PROBLEM

Custom Search

mrfuser
09-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Odd, to say the least. Have a client that keeps shredding the drive gears on these machines. I have replaced the machine twice, first was C451, shredded gears, replaced gears, shredded gears, replaced machine with another C451, shredded gears, replaced gears twice, then replaced machine with a C550, shredded gears again now! What in the wide world of sports is going on here? Everything looks just fine, nothing else seems out of whack, yet, here we are again, shredded gears! Yes, I have used the upgraded gear assembly and yes it still shreds!

Any thoughts from a true GURU on this?

Thanks

K

habik
09-23-2016, 08:01 AM
Are you using the same consumables?

What tin stock are they using? Maybe time to switch to Alloy. :D

Byting on bits.

mrfuser
09-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Oem

pure gold, never tin

Synthohol
09-23-2016, 01:20 PM
can you apply some liquid teflon or good grease to the gear cogs? maybe if that cuts down the friction they wont shred as easily?

habik
09-23-2016, 03:18 PM
What environment is it in?!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
09-24-2016, 11:28 AM
I experienced this long long ago at my previous employer on a c451 at one particular customer.

I think it had something to do with the kind of high coverage printing they were doing, big colourful brochures and booklets all day every day.

You might be better off giving them something half decent, ie a c452 and be done with it. C451 series really is a pile of junk these days. Fortunately they are discontinued from support here so I will never see one ever again. Cant say that i shed a tear!

Gaffers01
09-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Are they doing a lot of black copying/printing?
if so that is the problem!
as far as im aware the transfer belt uses the yellow toner as a lubricant
so if there not doing much colour its not getting lubricated enough.

Albonline
09-26-2016, 04:14 PM
Are they doing a lot of black copying/printing?
if so that is the problem!
as far as im aware the transfer belt uses the yellow toner as a lubricant
so if there not doing much colour its not getting lubricated enough.

have seen this, set to default to color, see if it helps, also make sure unit can breathe.

Custom Search