PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous oce SC650 pro

Custom Search

acsolutions
09-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Hello, I have a Cs c650 pro. Customer has a fiery attached that has windows xp and it must be windows7 or better for security reasons. I suggested eliminate the fiery . I Can ping machine but will not print! Is there a setting or something I should turn on or off?

mx6turbo89
09-23-2016, 02:35 AM
If this model is similar to a C6500, then they did not have a built-in print controller. The NIC card is basically nothing more than communication for vCare and not capable of being used for printing. You can ping it, but that's about it. This model was made to have either a Creo or a Fiery option for printing.

Synthohol
09-23-2016, 03:26 AM
sales opportunity of a lifetime.
the external Fiery is windows 7 capable, which one do they have?

methogod
09-24-2016, 04:35 PM
hate to tell you this but you wont find a rip with windows 7 for that model. best bet is air gap the server and use USB drives to move files. Not super practical but if security is your priority then your stuck. I have had one place block dns so fiery only had local network access no internet.

The better fiery rip is windows XPe, not standard XP, if that makes a difference.

Albonline
09-26-2016, 04:24 PM
hate to tell you this but you wont find a rip with windows 7 for that model. best bet is air gap the server and use USB drives to move files. Not super practical but if security is your priority then your stuck. I have had one place block dns so fiery only had local network access no internet.

The better fiery rip is windows XPe, not standard XP, if that makes a difference.

. Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 3 (SP3). This is the original toolkit and componentized version of Windows XP. It was originally released in 2002, and Extended Support will end on Jan. 12, 2016.

support has ended on embedded also.

Custom Search