PDA

View Full Version : CF 3102 Networking

Custom Search

deannasockman
07-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Can anyone tell me if I can hook up to my CF 3102 directly? I just bought this machine and cannot figure out where to obtain the IP address. I also downloaded the Vista drivers and tried to drectly connect to it and it isn't recognizing it. Any suggestions???

fixthecopier
07-14-2008, 01:38 AM
These machines did not come with a built in print controler, you had to add one. Does your machine have a print controler on back?

deannasockman
07-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Yes, it has a print controller. I have tried plugging the cat 5 directly from the printer to my pc. I was trying to run it though the router but I can't figure out how to get the IP address from the printer. I've been all over the pad.

fixthecopier
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
The print controler will have a part number and a serial number just like a doc feed or a finisher, What model is your print controler? There are ports on a lot of machines that are there for techs to use to work on the machine and they get mistaken for print acess. I am not saying you do not know what you are looking at, but I get calls for this all of the time. There is more than one controler that will work with that machine, it will help to know which you have.

cobiray
07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Chances are pretty good that the parallel port is not enabled. Your best bet is to contact a KM dealer and have them help you out. It might cost you an hour of professional services, but they can do it right and answer any other questions you might have. If you prefer they can put it on your network instead.

fixthecopier
07-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Sorry to take so long but I had to look at my showroom machine. Push utility, then controler detail, menu, pages printed, then config, That should get you what you need.

Custom Search