PDA

View Full Version : BH1052 with FS-532

Custom Search

kenpio
09-27-2016, 02:54 AM
Hi there,

I have a BH1052 with a FS-532, what is happening is that the customer want to staple, the 2 staple for books. What is happening is that the stapler on the first set staples the right way with the two staples, the next set the stapler staples the first staple and then it moves over to staple the second on it hits the FD-Adjustment guide, we will call it the boot. It is the thing that shoots the paper out of the finisher. It staples again and shoots the paper out. The staples are about an inch apart. The third set comes in and the stapler staples once in the front side and then the staple unit moves forward and sort of hit the front of the finisher. The next set it will say that the machine jams and I can take the paper out of the stacker. This machine has a new staple unit and a new control board, the wire harness to the stapler is new also. I spent all day today banging my head on the machine. The funny thing is that when it works, it works. I was about to leave and I ran another set and it did it. I am including a pic of the staple position. We had this problem about 3 weeks ago and found the staple unit was not in correctly. Has the staple unit in and out today, the unit moves back and forth with out a bump. I think that something is out of time, the staple unit hits that boot at the bottom and has knocked it off a couple times too.

Thanks
KEN

kenpio
09-28-2016, 01:28 AM
Well I was at the customer and I adjusted this and that. Had the staple unit out and I adjusted the boot timing. The staple unit was still was hitting the boot on the bottom. I redid the firmware and still. Si I did the narrow setting on the staple and it worked. It is only the distance of a staple. Dont know what the hell? I asked the customer if this was good and she said that it was okay. So that is a work around. We still have the problem when it is in the wide mode. Any input would be nice. :)

Thanks
KEN

habik
09-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Replace home position and any other staple position sensors. If the stapler moves on shaftes clean and lubricate them.

Byting on bits.

splblazer91
09-28-2016, 07:58 PM
The Eject "boot" as you call it is not in the right position it sounds like. Move the belt that it is on one or two teeth in either direction and it should solve your problem. Just had this monday but mine would only staple one side of the book then the stapler would hit the ejector and cause a jam.

blackcat4866
09-29-2016, 01:05 AM
Also check if the 1mm diameter spring is still there inside the "boot" mechanism. My enduser has managed to remove all kinds of FS532 finisher parts. They just fall off.

Ok, I don't really believe that. But if that spring is not present, the boot will not move properly. =^..^=

MVPunisher
10-03-2016, 07:34 PM
The Eject "boot" as you call it is not in the right position it sounds like. Move the belt that it is on one or two teeth in either direction and it should solve your problem. Just had this monday but mine would only staple one side of the book then the stapler would hit the ejector and cause a jam.

Agree, My method to resolve these type issues was to go visit a working finisher. Measure the exact location of where the Boot is, then measure the exact distance the actuator (on the gear that drives it) is to the sensor. That gives you a good idea where it should be.

kenpio
10-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Well just wanted to share what fixed this problem. Talking with KM and I asked if the staple unit should have a rock to it. This customer has two of these beasts and the other machine, the stapler does not rock. Looked in the parts manual and there is a screw that is in the pivot point of the staple unit, I thought it may be an E-clip. Well I took the whole thing out and that pivot screw was loose. Tightened it back up, put it back together and tested out and away we went!! I cant believe that a loose screw gave me all this headache!! I did do the timing of the belt and the two machines looked the same. So it is fixed!!

Thanks
KEN

Custom Search