PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Printing Question C552

Custom Search

Cookr
09-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Have a customer that wants to print these packets but they want the cover in color only and the rest of it 2 sided in B&W and I for some reason can not find a way to set the properties to do that. I have done it before when I was a printer and was running books and such but I was also running a C6500 with a fiery just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction on this C552 to do what they want. Thanks

Synthohol
09-27-2016, 10:37 PM
the driver has to be set for auto color. same as when making mixed copies.
if all the prints come out as color, if its a PDF try FoxIt reader instead of adobe.
i have at least a dozen success stories with what you asked about and using foxit.
the newer adobe software most of the time prints halftone black as process black causing expensive clicks.
another member here also suggested looking at the color properties in the driver and make sure pure black is selected for halftones or something to that nature.

Cookr
09-28-2016, 02:08 PM
I see what you saying but the document is all in full color and I am trying to see if I can make the cover print in color and the rest in gray scale. so basically say its a 50pg doc and I need pg 1 in color and the rest in B&W or gray scale. I could do it when I used a fiery back in my printing days but I could tell that thing to do just about anything lol

Synthohol
09-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Preprint the color covers put them on the bypass and set them for blank cover or insert sheet and run the job in black.

Custom Search