PDA

View Full Version : C450 prints blue and "ghost images"

Custom Search

AVW
09-28-2016, 06:07 AM
I am still trying to get familiar with our C450. New funny thing it is doing from time to time, is that it starts to print the whole papers full with a blue shadow. Also this shadow contains a "ghost image" in negative from the previous pages that got printed. This behavior is only appearing sometimes, and always gone, if we leave the copier alone for 2 days. I took out the transfer belt and cleaned it with Isopropyl, but that did not change the situation much. The pages still got a blue shadow everywhere. Next day everything worked well again, ... I am also confused as this blue is everywhere at the sheets. Not a stripe, or dots, a fine (about 10%) blue shadow everywhere. But the transfer belt had no blue toner anywhere. The drums are brand new, all below 3k copies. The transfer belt and the fuser both have more than 100k left. This problem does not appeare while BW printing, and not with any other colour. It only happens sometimes (3 times so far) after we did about 200 duplex prints, that printed well. It starts with a light shadow and gets more blue from copy to copy, ... Any ideas? The service manual didnŽt have any hints for me.

copier tech
09-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Clean all the contacts in the rear of the machine & on the cyan image unit.

I would also update the firmware to the current version.

AVW
09-29-2016, 10:33 PM
What is the idea behind your "cleaning advice"? I am really wondering why only cyan is affected, and why the machine works well most of the time. As it works well right now too, I cannot check if cleaning would have any effects! ;) IŽd rather like to wait until the problem pops up another time. I am also asking myselve if there is a possibility for a "thermal issue" ? If anybody likes, you could help me how I can check my firmware version, and how I can update it, and where to get the latest one. We are driving our machines in non-commercial ways. EDIT: ok, I read the service manual about firmware update. It seems not to be too complicated with the CF card. Is there any file out there that I can directly write to the CF-Card? Or do I have to deal with Cygwin? I would have to do it at a Linux machine as we got no Win around, ... And do I have to care about something special of the CF-Card like size,, filesystem, ...?

Woxner
09-29-2016, 10:41 PM
does not matter if the image unit has only 3 k i have seen these go bad several days out of the box. did you replace the unit or just the drums . did you run gradation and inialize and reset

AVW
09-29-2016, 10:49 PM
I replaced all 4 entire units. As said most times everything works well. But sometimes this cyan starts to get crazy. And no, I did not run "gradation and inialize and reset" . I just ran "Gradation Adjust” like described in the service manual page 33.

Woxner
09-30-2016, 01:17 AM
run the other mode i mentioned it reset everything back to 0

copier tech
09-30-2016, 02:30 PM
By cleaning I mean the contacts in the back of the machine, toner can leak down & cause poor contacts

Custom Search