PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 jam in fuser

Custom Search

brent
09-28-2016, 03:24 PM
sounds like a simple problem.. maybe it is I have a 423 bizhub with a fuser that has maybe 5k on it. the paper will stop in the fuser around twice a day
it has no finisher on it. and I tried to watch to see what was stopping but I could not get it to jam while I watched.. imagine that
they are using cosco paper imagine that

I have asked them to use a better paper but they have not yet.. any ideas? other then paper of course

brent thanks yall

mx6turbo89
09-28-2016, 03:37 PM
What jam code is showing up in the history? It's possible that the 2nd feed clutch might be starting to slip. Also check the 2nd feed roller bushings to ensure that they're not gummed up and causing the roller to be difficult to turn (hence the slipping clutch).

brent
09-28-2016, 04:10 PM
I didn't check out the jam code.. but I will check out the second feed clutch today..
I have had no problems with 80 of my other machines of this type in the field
I guess there needs to be one to make me work for it right??
brent

Synthohol
09-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Does it do it from alk trays including the bypass?
Was a feed unit ever replaced? Only the 423 has an extra sensor on the feed unit and can do what you describe.

brent
09-28-2016, 06:58 PM
it does it from both trays I believe.. and haven't tried the bypass unit.. I did replace the drum developer and dv unit yes
hoping to get over there today it may end up being a simple paper problem hopefully
its either going to be easy or a hard fix.. this is my life

brent

CompyTech
09-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Had a similar problem, along with poor fusing and toner rubbing off the page. Ended up being aftermarket toner being the cause.

Synthohol
09-28-2016, 09:01 PM
will it pass paper landscape but jams on portrait?

brent
09-28-2016, 11:47 PM
when you say second feed clutch are you referring to the feed clutch cl22 that you can see when you open the right hand door.. not the registration clutch but the other one that is hidden? I will do that tomorrow for sure

if that is the clutch you are talking about

thanks
brent

blackcat4866
09-28-2016, 11:53 PM
And what was the jam code? I can understand speculating back in the analog days when there was maybe three jam codes ... but you can get a lot of information from a jam code now. Why ignore this data when it's available to you? =^..^=

mx6turbo89
09-29-2016, 12:36 AM
when you say second feed clutch are you referring to the feed clutch cl22 that you can see when you open the right hand door.. not the registration clutch but the other one that is hidden? I will do that tomorrow for sure

if that is the clutch you are talking about

thanks
brent

Yes, I meant the registration clutch on the side door. Also, the registration roller bushings will gum up over time. They will also hallow out after awhile and cause the registration clutch to lose drive sporadically and it will worsen over time. Also, as has been mentioned, there is a passage sensor that's unique to the 423 that has a tendency to get dusty and cause jams.

Again, a jam code would be a huge help in diagnosing this problem.

brent
09-29-2016, 02:12 PM
ok guys. Either today or tomorrow I will visit the machine. It is a ways away from me. So I did not know the jam code I guess I don't utilize the jam codes like they are meant to. For sure But I should. And I will look at the sensor. And I have located a new clutch to take with me as well. I appreciate all the help. Also. I think maybe I turned the jam codes off. Not sure if the customer could see what code it says or if it just points to a location on the screen
Brent

Albonline
09-29-2016, 03:36 PM
ok guys. Either today or tomorrow I will visit the machine. It is a ways away from me. So I did not know the jam code I guess I don't utilize the jam codes like they are meant to. For sure But I should. And I will look at the sensor. And I have located a new clutch to take with me as well. I appreciate all the help. Also. I think maybe I turned the jam codes off. Not sure if the customer could see what code it says or if it just points to a location on the screen
Brent

The drive motors on these units are known to fry with use, causing the type of problem you are haveing. look at the bearing on the drive shaft of the motor, if its dark brown or black replace it.

Custom Search