PDA

View Full Version : c-2206 on Pro 951

Custom Search

splblazer91
09-28-2016, 08:01 PM
Kept getting this error so i replaced the whole cleaning assy and told the machine it was a new cleaning blade. Error code came back. it consistently works for one day then throws the code. Any Ideas?
I feel like I'm not setting the cleaning blade correctly or it is out of timing but the manual isnt very clear on how to set it or how to know which blade is currently in use.

CompyTech
09-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Error code points to M2 as possibly faulty...

Never had an issue with the blades before. Was always told that the little lever on the side pushed down the first blade to the ready position as the first blade. Then after a set period of clicks the lever will automatically rotate up to the second position.

907tec
09-28-2016, 11:47 PM
How long ago was the cleaning unit serviced? Were blades just replaced?

Make absolutely sure that the "blade charge" is carried out according to the SM. This error code can occur if that procedure wasn't done correctly (I.E. machine doesn't know it is already using the 2nd blade, then tries to rotate to the next cleaning blade and fails).

I would start by replacing both cleaning blades and carefully following procedures in the manual. Perform the service mode operations listed. If problem occurs again, replace the cleaning unit. I have had these things get old and develop enough friction in the blade-swap parts that it is unable to move freely.

blackcat4866
09-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Of my two high volume machines, the machine on the left has gotten C2203 on two occasions, lets say at a 3M interval. What happened for me was the toner in the cleaning unit would pack in there solid enough that the mechanism would not flip to the second blade. Motor M22 would cycle properly, but the torsion spring inside the cleaning unit was not able to push the blades through the packed toner. It took about 3M to get to that stage. I would simply disassemble the mechanism, and vacuum out toner in the cleaning unit. It was packed hard enough to need a flatblade screwdriver dislodge some hard packed toner.

None of the fans are blocked. The machine on the right has never done this and has the same count. Once cleaned up it works fine.

I did discover the other day that a piece of paper had gotten behind the tray and was pushed through the rear frame into a fan duct. When I reached for the paper the scrap pushed through the hole tore off and got trapped in the fan duct. It doesn't matter if it's printing or not. When the paper gets in the right position sometimes it sounds like a dozen bumble bees buzzing away. Sometimes it makes no noise at all. And sometimes it sounds like there's a bluejay in the dryer duct, flapping frantically. My hope is that the offending paper scrap will eventually diminish in size until it makes no noise at all, or is ejected from the fan. =^..^=

hotfuser
09-29-2016, 10:11 AM
i too have three machines with the same codes. Changed the cleaning assembly on all 951's and after a while they all have come back with the same code.Also updated firmware but still happens

CompyTech
09-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Of my two high volume machines, the machine on the left has gotten C2203 on two occasions, lets say at a 3M interval. What happened for me was the toner in the cleaning unit would pack in there solid enough that the mechanism would not flip to the second blade. Motor M22 would cycle properly, but the torsion spring inside the cleaning unit was not able to push the blades through the packed toner. It took about 3M to get to that stage. I would simply disassemble the mechanism, and vacuum out toner in the cleaning unit. It was packed hard enough to need a flatblade screwdriver dislodge some hard packed toner.

Sounds similar what would happen to me on the old 920/950s when the little auger pipe would clog up and chew the little gears up on the end. Often the machine would actually run fine until the customer would complain about a weird ticking noise(from the stripped gears).

methogod
09-29-2016, 04:02 PM
You should be getting 6M out of a cleaning unit (we do on 920s/950). I have also ran with one blade in a pinch when the cleaning unit fails.

You can set the blades to flip at 250/300/350 I think. I think you can also turn it off.

When you run very high coverage for a long time, then start running low coverage you will get that hard pack in the recycling augers. Gears can strip, but you tend to hear it when its happening.

We ended up putting the waste toner kit on one 950, so we use that for odd smaller jobs. Machine 2 (920) we use for transactional/low coverage, Machine 3 (920) we run mid to high coverage.... Works for us.

splblazer91
09-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Its not a toner buildup or friction issue as I replaced the whole assy about a week ago. I have motor M2 on order. So the lever should be pushed back for cleaning blade 1 correct? should there be tension on it?

methogod
09-29-2016, 05:34 PM
not sure what the M2 (DRUM DRIVE MOTOR) has to do with the cleaning unit.

I guess let me know after you replace, seems odd that M2 would cause your cleaning unit to back up. Would think you would have major major issues when that motor starts to fail.

I have had 920/950 with over 10M never replaced that motor.

tradewynnes2
10-06-2016, 08:23 PM
I also have 2 951's and a 1052 throwing this code and C-2238. I have been out on the 951's at least a dozen times between the 2. I also have replaced the cleaning units as a whole in both of the 951's and the M2 and PRCB also. My Konica rep just came out a week ago and swore that it was fixed and closed my service ticket and one of the 2 machines just coded out again today. There is an old style cleaning unit and a new one. The old one has a disc on the cleaning blade flip gear has 2 cut outs and the new one has 3. Firmware does not do a thing to resolve it. All 3 of my machines have different firmware and they were all installed at different accounts at different times, so there is no commonality between them. The rep did mention to make sure the brackets that the sensors PS24/25 are mounted to are square and straight. I am going to get my rep to come and revisit the machine again, so I will advise of any updates upon completion. Good luck with yours, guys.

antone
03-17-2017, 03:54 AM
I did same stuff....check the cleaning unit...tube...pull out ADU
On the wall inside copier ...2 screws...I vacuum it out...wow ...fixed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ccfc87
10-16-2018, 06:47 PM
We have this recurring code on a 951 too.

M2 motor replaced. Blades replaced and manual followed to the letter. Next step is new cleaning Assy and will check bulletin mentioned a few posts back.

Has anyone else found the cure to this?

Thanks

Issac-brock
02-05-2019, 03:44 PM
I also have 2 951's and a 1052 throwing this code and C-2238. I have been out on the 951's at least a dozen times between the 2. I also have replaced the cleaning units as a whole in both of the 951's and the M2 and PRCB also. My Konica rep just came out a week ago and swore that it was fixed and closed my service ticket and one of the 2 machines just coded out again today. There is an old style cleaning unit and a new one. The old one has a disc on the cleaning blade flip gear has 2 cut outs and the new one has 3. Firmware does not do a thing to resolve it. All 3 of my machines have different firmware and they were all installed at different accounts at different times, so there is no commonality between them. The rep did mention to make sure the brackets that the sensors PS24/25 are mounted to are square and straight. I am going to get my rep to come and revisit the machine again, so I will advise of any updates upon completion. Good luck with yours, guys.

Any resolution on this? Fighting C2206/2238 on a 951, replaced blade assy, coded again.inspecting and cleaning out the pipe but doesn't seem clogged in rear of machine.

antone
02-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Did you inside machine...the wall of fame ...I had same problem and found paper inside unit! I did Printer Control, firmware, complete cleaning unit! Not hard to do ...long screwdriver helps

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

allan
02-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Its a crappy design...

If it codes out its was using blade 1 and tries to switch to blade 2. That is around 375K after replacing the blades?
Now i don't even strip and clean the unit i just flip it to blade 2 manually.
Then around 750K i will change blade 1 into position 2(remove both and change around) and leave it there until the drum fails.

The cable inside the unit climbs off its guide while its not under tension and tilted to one side. So caused by installing the blades to start with. Keep it level.
I get paranoid if the machines run to long with no calls so getting that code forces me to check it.

Strip and reinstall the the cable then test it a couple of times by triggering it by hand.

If that cable is under tension(set) its blade one. When i started on these machine I used to mark them with a pen.

Or i got this wrong and its for the blade retraction and not change over?
In that case a soiled sensor...
No manual around here now.

Issac-brock
02-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Its a crappy design...

If it codes out its was using blade 1 and tries to switch to blade 2. That is around 375K after replacing the blades?
Now i don't even strip and clean the unit i just flip it to blade 2 manually.
Then around 750K i will change blade 1 into position 2(remove both and change around) and leave it there until the drum fails.

The cable inside the unit climbs off its guide while its not under tension and tilted to one side. So caused by installing the blades to start with. Keep it level.
I get paranoid if the machines run to long with no calls so getting that code forces me to check it.

Strip and reinstall the the cable then test it a couple of times by triggering it by hand.

Mine is doing it with a new blade unit installed. Replaced unit due to codes, still codes, reboot and it prints again. I see nothing physically wrong however have just ordered the new style blade unit for next call.

Issac-brock
02-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Did you inside machine...the wall of fame ...I had same problem and found paper inside unit! I did Printer Control, firmware, complete cleaning unit! Not hard to do ...long screwdriver helps

Do you mean the waste toner port that mates with the cleaning unit when the process unit is engaged? I see a screw above in plastic, one below on a metal plate and an E-ring on the shaft?

allan
02-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Could be a bad contact on the connector or dirty connection block.
Guessed you did make sure its on the right blade and the counter cleared.

Issac-brock
02-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Could be a bad contact on the connector or dirty connection block.
Guessed you did make sure its on the right blade and the counter cleared.
Yes, triple checked the blade position. cleaned the connectors, added 2 screws to hold process unit snug. Will wait and see.

antone
02-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Yes,i found a little piece of paper in there .....drove me nuts!

blackcat4866
02-06-2019, 01:21 AM
We had a 1250P and a 1052 recently that motor M22 shorted, and blew the ICP on the PRCB. =^..^=

Custom Search