PDA

View Full Version : Konica C253

Custom Search

scanmc
09-28-2016, 08:26 PM
When I try to bring up the web interface to set up a scan to folder and all I get is a blank screen. Tried different browsers but no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Synthohol
09-28-2016, 08:59 PM
can you ping it?
is http and pswc turned on in admin mode?
do firmware?

scanmc
09-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Yes on all the suggestions. The web page address comes up in the bar but no login page. I've turned off the virus protection and web page popup blocker also. I know it's an old puppy but anyone has firmware to try I would appreciate it

Synthohol
09-28-2016, 11:13 PM
check your PMs.
hey, try in service mode system 1 or 2, select initialization and see if you can just do a system reset like a machine\system data clear. that has worked in the past getting the web page running again.

blackcat4866
09-29-2016, 12:38 AM
How about hard-setting the network communication speed? Every time that it was a problem it was set to AUTO.

When the GigaBit MFP's first came out, it was very common when you installed a GB capable MFP on a 100MB network. It would print the first page, then drop off the network. It would ping, but not connect to the web interface. Rebooting the machine might get you one more page.

I was on a network the other day that was kinda screwed up. It would ping the IP, but not ping the hostname and not connect to the web interface. DHCP would not assign an address. The DNS would not even ping. With this machine hard set at 100MB full duplex it would communicate well enough to print and scan, but DNS would still not resolve hostnames. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
09-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Did you try firefox browser?

I own a c253 and its about the only browser left that works with this machine - well it did last time I tried anyway.

never enable ssl either, its so out of date nothing at all supports it now and wont let you bring up the web interface at all. Made that mistake once, wont do that again.

if all else fails borrow or resurect a crusty old windows xp machine / vm and try that.

Imsdal
09-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Hi..

Have you try to add the web (IP nr) in the Compatibility View settings under Tools in your browser.?

Imsdal

scanmc
09-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded. I'll be going out to the customer tomorrow or Monday with all this ammo.

Custom Search