PDA

View Full Version : Ineo +451 creasing A3 from tray 1 only

Custom Search

Dickie
09-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Fault as per title, machine is creasing A3 but only on the bottom half of the page but only from tray 1.
Put paper into tray 2 and it works fine on both single sided and duplex.
Fitted new feed & seperation rollers to tray 1 and swapped with rollers from tray 2, No different.
Trays 1 & 2 prefeed adjustments are linked so it cannot be that, and fuser speed adjustment has no effect either. Tried at both extremes +20 & -20 still the same.
Only thing I can think to try next is tray 1 feed assembly complete as I think the clutch is part of this unit, unless anyone has any other ideas ?

Any input appreciated

Thanks

minimerlin
09-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Fault as per title, machine is creasing A3 but only on the bottom half of the page but only from tray 1.
Put paper into tray 2 and it works fine on both single sided and duplex.
Fitted new feed & seperation rollers to tray 1 and swapped with rollers from tray 2, No different.
Trays 1 & 2 prefeed adjustments are linked so it cannot be that, and fuser speed adjustment has no effect either. Tried at both extremes +20 & -20 still the same.
Only thing I can think to try next is tray 1 feed assembly complete as I think the clutch is part of this unit, unless anyone has any other ideas ?

Any input appreciated

ThanksCan you post a picture of the creasing? We need to actually see this to be much of a help to you. I would have a look at the tray exit mylar and ensure the feed section is not bent or twisted and also the tray lifts evenly at front and rear.

907tec
09-29-2016, 07:06 PM
It sucks, but this is often caused by the bypass tray assembly getting bent. Any amount of pressure applied to the bypass door while open will bend the hinge and/or assembly. Pages coming out of tray 1 hit a guide on the bypass assembly (more so than pages coming out of lower trays), and apparently any play in the hinge will cause it to skew/wrinkle. If you have another known working bypass assembly, it's worth switching it out to see if it works. Only takes a few minutes to swap out.

Be careful when ordering a new bypass assy / hinge parts: make sure you get everything related to the hinge, including the pin and all brackets. New bypass tray is ~$300, iirc.

Dickie
09-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Sorry have no pictures to hand but they are very light creases so probably would not be visible anyway. 2 is the most I have seen on an a3 page

EarthKmTech
09-30-2016, 06:38 AM
increase reg loop for the tray doing it till it stops. Problem solved. Paper path is worn and changed specification.

Doesnt matter jack if t1 and 2 linked.

Common as hell.

Custom Search