PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous backing up network settings, is this possible?

Custom Search

jmorgali
09-29-2016, 08:37 PM
Konica bizhub c-series. I read in the firmware upgrade docs that its supposedly possible to back up the network settings to USB, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. Also, it says see the service manual for further details, but I find no further details in the service manual either. I'm open to suggestions. I waste too much time manually backing up and re-entering network settings every time I do firmware.

copier addict
09-29-2016, 09:20 PM
Konica bizhub c-series. I read in the firmware upgrade docs that its supposedly possible to back up the network settings to USB, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. Also, it says see the service manual for further details, but I find no further details in the service manual either. I'm open to suggestions. I waste too much time manually backing up and re-entering network settings every time I do firmware.

What firmware are you installing that deletes network settings? I have installed plenty of firmware and can't remember having to re-install network data.

CompyTech
09-29-2016, 10:33 PM
It is possible to back up HDD data to external HDD or USB memory by turning on a couple settings in service and admin(don't know them off top of head). This is on "e" series. Used it once for S&G, but most of the time if I'm going to back up, I'll use Pagescope web connection.

edit: look in SM at "HDD backup Data Settings"

Woxner
09-29-2016, 10:35 PM
on the 4 8 and 7 series set soft sw 72 to hex 4. then under admin the tab will show up on page two. This works for b/w and color

wseyller
09-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Great thing about backing up network settings this way is that the password for when SMTP auth is in use. You won't have to ask someone to put the password back in.

Also it doesn't seem to restore if you if firmware level and maybe function level is different than the version you originally backed it up from.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Custom Search