PDA

View Full Version : reset tool, A145FW.tar

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

copyman
10-03-2016, 02:38 AM
Does anyone have the firmware reset tool for Biz 224. It is A145FW.tar.

Or can you tell me where it is on the K/M SSD website? I did a search but nothing came up. Looked through the C224 reg & special F/W's and not there.

Thanks

mx6turbo89
10-03-2016, 03:44 AM
Does anyone have the firmware reset tool for Biz 224. It is A145FW.tar.

Or can you tell me where it is on the K/M SSD website? I did a search but nothing came up. Looked through the C224 reg & special F/W's and not there.

Thanks

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh313uwow7k2aow/A145FW.TAR?dl=0

copyman
10-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Thanks mx6 but for some reason I got a message it could not open. Can you try sending again or a different way.

Thanks again

mx6turbo89
10-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Thanks mx6 but for some reason I got a message it could not open. Can you try sending again or a different way.

Thanks again

Sorry, try this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk80vwdscv5o760/A145FW.TAR?dl=0

copyman
10-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Same thing happen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I click download and it downloads a 10KB tar file. Then what am I supposed to do with it. I usually have to unzip firmware or something?

mx6turbo89
10-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Same thing happen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I click download and it downloads a 10KB tar file. Then what am I supposed to do with it. I usually have to unzip firmware or something?

'TAR' is the correct file format. Here's the instructions:

Copy the .tar file to the root folder of USB flash memory stick.
Install the USB flash memory into USB maintenance slot to download firmware.
Turn the main SW ON.
"Data initialization completed!" is shown.
Turn the main power switch OFF.
Remove the USB flash memory from the MFP maintenance USB port.
Turn the main SW ON. CD390 error is indicated on the operation panel (normal operation).
Let the MFP reboot two times (on its own) until you see the Restore Tab on the control panel.
Touch the "Restore” button then YES to execute the restore data from SSD board to MFP board.
Turn the main SW OFF.
Upload the latest firmware.

copyman
10-03-2016, 11:12 PM
Cool. Thanks

dannu
10-06-2016, 07:08 PM
SSD motherboard can reset it?

copyman
10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Firmware or reset tool didn't work. Still same problem. Tried swapping from another C224, hdd , ssd board, memory dimms, still same issue. I suspect a problem with MFP board.

This is exactly what is happening:

Power machine on and you hear machine cycle normally, display shows the pillars (or whatever they are), then a dot appears at upper right corner of display like when you have a flash drive in serv slot to update firmware, few mins later this message comes up on display:

Firmware update

Error
This is invalid memory.
Please make sure the external memory.

I know the flash drive & firmware is good because I have used it in other c224's plus if I try and update this machine it gives me checksums on scanner, printer,ADF but shows NG for MFP.

Any help appreciated.

habik
10-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Firmware or reset tool didn't work. Still same problem. Tried swapping from another C224, hdd , ssd board, memory dimms, still same issue. I suspect a problem with MFP board.

This is exactly what is happening:

Power machine on and you hear machine cycle normally, display shows the pillars (or whatever they are), then a dot appears at upper right corner of display like when you have a flash drive in serv slot to update firmware, few mins later this message comes up on display:

Firmware update

Error
This is invalid memory.
Please make sure the external memory.

I know the flash drive & firmware is good because I have used it in other c224's plus if I try and update this machine it gives me checksums on scanner, printer,ADF but shows NG for MFP.

Any help appreciated.

Just to clarfiy, is it C224 or Bizhub 224?

Is the machine connected to network during update? If it is make sure you disconnect it prior to uploading firmware.
opt 2
Try to re-format the stick again and copy only one firmware to the root of the USB.
When uploading, check the machine and type settings!! Then set accordingly and hit FIX

Then try and upload only MFP (this at least make it faster) When it updates MFP reboot and doo the rest ADF, Scanne, Finisher etc

hope this helps.

copyman
10-07-2016, 02:27 AM
Sorry just realized I wrote 224 on original post. It is a "C"224. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them and report back.

Woxner
10-07-2016, 02:58 AM
A145FW bizhubC754/C754e/C654/C654e/C554/C554e/C454/C454e/C364/C364e/C284/C284e/C224/C224e

A55VFW bizhub 554e/454e/364e/284e/224e

A61FFW bizhub 754/754e/654/654e

These are the correct tar files for each machine
If you load the wrong one it will give that message.

yasinzaeem
08-01-2017, 08:22 PM
A145FW bizhubC754/C754e/C654/C654e/C554/C554e/C454/C454e/C364/C364e/C284/C284e/C224/C224e

A55VFW bizhub 554e/454e/364e/284e/224e

A61FFW bizhub 754/754e/654/654e

These are the correct tar files for each machine
If you load the wrong one it will give that message.

A145FW how i download this file. pls give me suggestion
waiting for reply
thx

ttdsp
04-11-2019, 01:05 PM
A145FW how i download this file. pls give me suggestion
waiting for reply
thx

can someone plz provide A61FFW

gtr5320
09-19-2019, 10:21 AM
Can someone provide A55VFW?

copier tech
02-23-2020, 08:45 PM
Happy to help drop us an email

www.copierfirmware.co.uk (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk/)

copyman
02-23-2020, 10:18 PM
Can someone provide A55VFW?

Make a small donation and someone will send you the firmware.

Synthohol
02-23-2020, 11:55 PM
the last request is from 5 months ago fellas.

Phil B.
02-24-2020, 01:10 AM
the last request is from 5 months ago fellas.

must not have been that dire of a 'need'

maybe more like 'MOOCH'?

:p:(:mad:

MVPunisher
03-13-2020, 02:16 PM
Hey guys any chance someone has the A55VFW file>?

Some reason I have the other 2 and not that one. Need that one. I contributed to site a few minutes ago (long overdue for that).... I am a Konica dealer can't find it in one stop though.

Thanks!

screwdriverassy
03-13-2020, 02:45 PM
Hey guys any chance someone has the A55VFW file>?

Some reason I have the other 2 and not that one. Need that one. I contributed to site a few minutes ago (long overdue for that).... I am a Konica dealer can't find it in one stop though.

Thanks!

Also I had the other two, but no this one. So direct from knova...

Woxner
03-13-2020, 08:49 PM
you have to get the link in the bulliten for replacing the mfb on the site

femaster
03-14-2020, 12:10 AM
Also I had the other two, but no this one. So direct from knova...

Once MVPunisher has grabbed the file, I think the file should probably be removed from the posting. Just my opinion, but I'd hate to see an end user get hold of it and cause havoc to their machine. Definitely not something an end user should have access to.

rkamvsjj
03-19-2020, 12:48 PM
Dear Friends
We have Develop Ineo+ 284E since i dont have CE password I flashed reset tool, A145FW.tar file ater that printer is restarting after the first block is appearing can hear Exposure lamp is coming on and initializing the carriage at this moment it is restarting any help please

blazebusiness
03-19-2020, 04:37 PM
Dear Friends
We have Develop Ineo+ 284E since i dont have CE password I flashed reset tool, A145FW.tar file ater that printer is restarting after the first block is appearing can hear Exposure lamp is coming on and initializing the carriage at this moment it is restarting any help please

The post by Femaster warned about an end user getting the file and wreaking havoc with their machine.

I would guess you are not a tech since you are not aware of the default CE password and that you did not correctly follow the reset procedure and wait for the "Restore" to reboot a couple of times to transfer the data from the SSD to the MFP board after it was reset.

I sympathize with your situation but this is why non Konica tech's should never try and mess with firmware or service mode.

(and that CE password has been posted so many times here on copytechnet and online that a quick google search would have given you that info or you could buy the service manual online for next to nothing. Never work on a copier if you don't even have the manual)

But,sadly, I don't think having service mode access will help you to recover from your current situation. You could try the reset tool again and see if it will load and do the reset and then the restore correctly.

Phil B.
03-19-2020, 04:51 PM
Once MVPunisher has grabbed the file, I think the file should probably be removed from the posting. Just my opinion, but I'd hate to see an end user get hold of it and cause havoc to their machine. Definitely not something an end user should have access to.

exactly as the user that posted next found out.

THESE FILES SHOULD NOT SHARED OPENLY LIKE THIS :mad::mad::mad:

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE REMOVED BEFORE WE GET MORE BUMBLING USERS TO DOWNLOAD AND FUCK UP THEIR MACHINES!

Synthohol
03-19-2020, 04:53 PM
that screwdriver guy put the file up for public use.
once again i ask why this thread isnt locked and that attachment above removed.

rkamvsjj
03-19-2020, 04:59 PM
Dear Friends

We lost the CE Password some one changed it thats why I used the NVRAM tool with doubt whether it will work or not with Develop machine

When I flashed Reset tool file it says Data copied then I restarted the machine hoping that restore message will come but it was keep rebooting. I am not sure that the file i used is for KM 284 e machine don't know whether It will work with Develop 284E

Be cool It is my own printer and I am learning hope you all had same experience at least one point of time in your life so no more complaining Enjoy the life with simple way

Synthohol
03-19-2020, 05:03 PM
but it was keep rebooting.
its supposed to. did you even read the document?

rkamvsjj
03-19-2020, 05:40 PM
Yes I read the document some thing I missed . Any way thanks for the concerns you all are having

femaster
03-20-2020, 01:30 AM
We lost the CE Password some one changed it thats why I used the NVRAM tool with doubt whether it will work or not with Develop machine

When I flashed Reset tool file it says Data copied then I restarted the machine hoping that restore message will come but it was keep rebooting. I am not sure that the file i used is for KM 284 e machine don't know whether It will work with Develop 284E

Be cool It is my own printer and I am learning hope you all had same experience at least one point of time in your life so no more complaining Enjoy the life with simple way

If when you used the reset tool the screen said the copier had been initialized, then it apparently works on your brand of copier (at least somewhat). What should have happened after you used it was 1) power off the copier, 2) removed the USB flash drive, 3) power back on the copier, 4) allow copier to cycle 3 times (it reboots automatically), 5) after the 3rd reboot, select Recover Data on the touchscreen.

It sounds like the you didn't let the copier reboot 3 times and interrupted the rebooting? If so, TRY to reset again. No guarantees that this is going to work. I believe that if the reset is performed more than once, the copier MAY NOT reboot 3 times on subsequent resets. In any case, leave the copier alone until the Recover Data message on the screen can be selected. Once you have rebooted the copier after the rest, it should not take more than 15 minutes total for the on-screen button to become selectable. That time is based on the copier actually going through it's 3 reboots.

Hopefully this will get the copier to boot back up to a usable state. If not, you will definitely need to call in a WELL TRAINED technician to dig yourself out of this hole...

blazebusiness
03-20-2020, 02:04 AM

That was your 1st mistake------It's an E series copier. I don't want future readers of these posts to be misled and make the same mistake so.......

For future reference : The way to recover the CE password on the E series machines is not with the reset tool. That only applies to the non E machines. For the E machines see below:

WARNING: DO NOT use the Reset Tool on the “4e” Series. Instead, use the following reset procedure.
1. Press the [Menu] key.
2. Touch [Counter].
3. Touch the following keys in this order; Stop  0  0  Stop  0  1.
4. Touch the following keys in this order; Stop  Clear.
5. Three items are shown below.
Printer Serial Number
MAC address
CE Password Reset Request Code.

6. Access LMS for Administrator using a PC connected to the Internet.
7. Click Login.
8. Click Issue Reset Code

9. Enter Printer Serial Number, MAC address and CE Password Reset Request Code.

10. Click Issue.

12. LMS issues CE Password Reset Code.

tsbservice
03-20-2020, 08:08 AM
That was your 1st mistake------It's an E series copier. I don't want future readers of these posts to be misled and make the same mistake so.......

For future reference : The way to recover the CE password on the E series machines is not with the reset tool. That only applies to the non E machines. For the E machines see below:

WARNING: DO NOT use the Reset Tool on the “4e” Series. Instead, use the following reset procedure.
1. Press the [Menu] key.
2. Touch [Counter].
Printer Serial Number
MAC address

7. Click Login.

10. Click Issue.

Totally agree.
It will not work on e-series. Starting from e-models and Up CE Password Reset has to be performed the way you described.
Plus the guy has the file A145FW.tar which is for color models. For B&W KM machines: bizhub 224e/284e/364e/454e/554e,
correct file would be A161FFW .

copier tech
09-18-2020, 10:05 PM

1. Press the [Menu] key.
2. Touch [Counter].
Printer Serial Number
MAC address

7. Click Login.

10. Click Issue.

Old post I know but do you have the URL for the LMS for Administrator please?

Basically we have dozens of e series machines taken on for which the CE passwords have been changed so we are now 'up the creek without a paddle'

blazebusiness
09-18-2020, 10:13 PM
Old post I know but do you have the URL for the LMS for Administrator please?

Basically we have dozens of e series machines taken on for which the CE passwords have been changed so we are now 'up the creek without a paddle'

Maybe one of the below:

https://lms.konicaminolta.com/LicenseFree/KM/support_free.aspx

https://licensemanage.com/LMS_025.aspx

copier tech
09-18-2020, 10:19 PM
Maybe one of the below:

https://lms.konicaminolta.com/LicenseFree/KM/support_free.aspx

Thanks for your prompt reply, however this is the error i'm receiving when entering the serial number.

blazebusiness
09-18-2020, 10:21 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply, however this is the error i'm receiving when entering the serial number.

Sorry, try this LMS page instead:

https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/support_mng.aspx

Click Login
Click issue reset code

But this above page assumes you already have a user name and password for the LMS. If you don't have that then I believe you have the option of registering your machine with LMS which should generate a username/password you can use in the future

or

Call Konica support and have them generate a license key for you.

It looks confusing.....I think I am going to try this weekend when I have time and register a mfp we have here on the LMS and see if I can discover how to get to the info you need. If I am successful I will report back to you.

blazebusiness
09-18-2020, 11:06 PM

Ok, just tried to register with my email address with LMS and got a message that said we are already an authorized registered user.

So I requested a password login via email from Konica. They responded with a login (my email) and a password. Just forwarded that email they sent me to your sales@copierfirmware email address. Feel free to use my login info if that helps. But , honestly still not sure how this confusing LMS system works.

copier tech
09-19-2020, 10:23 AM
Ok, just tried to register with my email address with LMS and got a message that said we are already an authorized registered user.

So I requested a password login via email from Konica. They responded with a login (my email) and a password. Just forwarded that email they sent me to your sales@copierfirmware email address. Feel free to use my login info if that helps. But , honestly still not sure how this confusing LMS system works.

Perfect I appreciate your help.

But I agree I can log in enter my Bizhub serial number but nowhere can I see how to reset a lost CE password?

blazebusiness
09-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Perfect I appreciate your help.

But I agree I can log in enter my Bizhub serial number but nowhere can I see how to reset a lost CE password?

Strange, we all know of that bulletin that came out for the E series stating that a lost CE password must now be reset on the 4E series using the LMS but I never actually had to do it yet. I assumed it would be an easy thing to follow the steps outlined in the bulletin. Apparently not.

What I do know about the LMS is:

It was first created when the C452 series was being sold for the sole purpose of adding licenses (permissions to use purchased features)

Very basic website, super cheesy, that LMS website looks like something from the old 1990 computing days.

Adding licenses, that part actually works well, but it seems like they added that CE password recovery option to the License system as an after thought to make it easier on us by eliminating the need to use the reset tool. I signed on to my trimmed down subchannel dealer version of MKM and couldn't find much on the CE password reset procedure other than that bulletin. On the other hand, there is a wealth of info on MKM using LMS for manually activating features or also activating features using the License install utility or logging into the marketplace app for adding licenses.

But not much else to point you in the right direction with that CE password reset. But, there has got to be a way to do it, Hopefully someone here on the forum will have the info/experience needed to help us to be able to perform the reset procedure.

So, calling all tech's---anybody that has actually used the LMS to successfully reset a CE password please reply here and help out Copier Tech.

tsbservice
09-19-2020, 01:42 PM
Blazebusiness can you try with your own account at LMS and serial from copier tech screenshot if you can reset password on this machine. Of course you will need also MAC address and CE Password Reset Request Code issued on copier tech machine. I think it's a matter of rights. In USA techs access may have higher privileges than in Europe.

blazebusiness
09-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Blazebusiness can you try with your own account at LMS and serial from copier tech screenshot if you can reset password on this machine. Of course you will need also MAC address and CE Password Reset Request Code issued on copier tech machine. I think it's a matter of rights. In USA techs access may have higher privileges than in Europe.

Understood, but I don't think USA access vs. EU access is the issue at all. (and I already emailed him my username and password which I don't think helped him at all) I think what is happening to him is the bulletin tells him to click Login. When the login procedure is complete, the immediate next step in the bulletin is Click issue reset code.

He clicks Login but I believe he never gets the option to "issue reset code" as described in the tech bulletin. Or maybe he gets an error like the data in the fields he filled in is incorrect. So, I think something else is wrong with the bulletin procedure or perhaps the procedure on the LMS website has changed slightly since that old Tech bulletin was issued.

What we really need is to hear back from somebody who has actually managed to do this reset using the LMS site.

Synthohol
09-19-2020, 03:25 PM
ive done it following this attached guide.
this is the link though.

https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/support.aspx

blazebusiness
09-19-2020, 04:11 PM
ive done it following this attached guide.
this is the link though.

Yes, that's exactly the same tech bulletin we have been referring to. The confusing part of the LMS is the different Login start pages. I am trying to understand how it all maps out. Here are some of the LMS starting point options for login:

Administrator Menu CE Initial Registration (page starts with ce login button)

Generate License Code
https://lms.konicaminolta.com/LicenseFree/KM/support_free.aspx (Page starts with enter mfp serial number)

Manage license support (this page looks just like the one in the ce reset tech bulletin---starts with License registration button & login button)

License Management System. Activate i-option features. Manage i-option Registration(this page also looks just like the one in the ce reset tech bulletin---starts with License registration button & login button)
https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/LMS_021.aspx

Generate License Code Notification. Generate License Code. MFP Serial Number(page starts with mfp information , mfp serial number field , request code field)

copier tech
09-20-2020, 01:14 PM
Yes, that's exactly the same tech bulletin we have been referring to. The confusing part of the LMS is the different Login start pages. I am trying to understand how it all maps out. Here are some of the LMS starting point options for login:

Generate License Code
https://lms.konicaminolta.com/LicenseFree/KM/support_free.aspx (Page starts with enter mfp serial number)

Manage license support (this page looks just like the one in the ce reset tech bulletin---starts with License registration button & login button)

License Management System. Activate i-option features. Manage i-option Registration(this page also looks just like the one in the ce reset tech bulletin---starts with License registration button & login button)

Generate License Code Notification. Generate License Code. MFP Serial Number(page starts with mfp information , mfp serial number field , request code field)
オブジェクト参照がオブジェクト インスタンスに設定されていません。 (https://licensemanage.com/LMS_025.aspx)

This is the machine I need to rest the CE password, it is a C368.

copier tech
09-20-2020, 01:17 PM

Generate License Code

オブジェクト参照がオブジェクト インスタンスに設定されていません。 (https://licensemanage.com/LMS_025.aspx)

Ok so this is the machine I need to reset the C368 CE password on.

Following this guide I get the message that my username/password is incorrect.

Does anyone know what link above I need to use, very confusing!

jotunn
09-20-2020, 01:31 PM
Too old, you need a fresh one:

"The entered CE Password Reset Request Code cannot be used due to the expiration. (MFP date in the code: 2020/09/12)"

tsbservice
09-20-2020, 01:32 PM
Ok so this is the machine I need to reset the C368 CE password on.

Following this guide I get the message that my username/password is incorrect.

Does anyone know what link above I need to use, very confusing!

You have no rights in Europe I think. I guess we will wait for blazebusiness to check it.
I could and would check it for you but recently lost access.
It's nasty to maintain such machine(without CE password). Hope you will succeed.

jotunn
09-20-2020, 01:51 PM
Maybe there is workaround for Europe - this site (LMS) seems to be "buggy" - I mean, security checks works only once, when you log-in... But after logging, with proper link, you can do almost anything...

blazebusiness
09-20-2020, 02:04 PM
Maybe there is workaround for Europe - this site (LMS) seems to be "buggy" - I mean, security checks works only once, when you log-in... But after logging, with proper link, you can do almost anything...

What website URL did you start at to LOGIN..................and get to that ce reset page you are showing us?

All of the links I previously posted are only good for managing licenses as far as I can tell. Really helpful if you can post the starting URL you used to get to that ce reset page.

Custom Search