PDA

View Full Version : FS-612 on a bhc7000P gives J-7229 jam code & thump on 11X17 envelopes 8.5X11 seems OK

Custom Search

Desert Rat
10-04-2016, 04:33 AM
I looked it over as well as I could. I say that because the customer has a disc maker that is about 3ft high
on top of the finisher and a couple of computers and monitors on the main frame.
Here's what I found and corrected. The input assembly in the finisher, that part that is pulled down to access
the paper path was missing the bushing and clip. Also the small rollers for the fuser output were not touching
the drive rollers, I put the slider in the center so the rollers would at least drive the envelope out of the fuser.
I did go through the the finisher and clean the rollers. Watching it I can hear a thump and the paper stops in the path
for a split second then starts again. At this time the motor M1 can be heard making a high pitch tone. I pushed on the
belt to see if it would start up. The pitch on the sound changed then Jam code J7229, finisher exit sensor PS6 on to long.
The envelope is not damaged it pulls out without a problem. When the paper stops in the path it might stick out of the
exit anywhere from 1 to four inches. Sometimes it just get to the sensor.
That was the first side when they put the second side on it seem to run without jamming. But I just heard that it has
started to jam on the second side also. Telling it it has the heaviest paper seems to help. I can see the motor M1 change speeds
when it runs the five sheet of cleaning after the jam.

That's the riddle. I've heard it could be a problem with the sensor PS6 or the motor. And do I need to change the control bd as well?

Thanks

DR

Desert Rat
10-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Has anyone ever had this problem? I thought I put enough info in my post that someone
would have seen this type of jam.

DR

Custom Search