PDA

View Full Version : C8000 t-belt cleaning assembly issue?

Custom Search

dagoof
10-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Was wondering if anyone else had issues with the transfer belt cleaning assy on the C8000? I've been through three of them on a machine recently and each blade is sporadically failing to clean after only a couple of weeks (toner's making it's way to top-side of the blade at a particular point, seems more or less the same point that each blade fails). At the suggestion of another engineer I clipped the springs to give a little more tension, but that's not helped.

Could there be anything else at play or are the blades on this machine just crap?

JP1
10-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Are they doing light coverage jobs? you may need Auxiliary cleaner on the top of the belt A1RFR7J911
also toner packs under the toner clean sheet on the cleaning unit.

dagoof
10-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Hi JP1,

Good call, it is a lot of low coverage, so I'll get that.
There's always plenty of toner under the sheet but it's not compacting.

dagoof
12-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Fitted an aux unit on to this a couple of months ago - lasted ok but eventually failing to clean again. Put another 3 blades in it this week as well as a new aux cleaning unit and it's still failing to clean consistently. Anyone got any ideas?

CopierNerd
12-02-2016, 03:20 AM
You said you have changed 3 blades, do you apply setting toner or bottle toner ? did you try cleaning blade adjustment in service mode?

dagoof
12-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks Copiernerd - I had applied setting toner, hadn't tried blade adjustment tbh though.

I'm beginning to think this machine has an issue driving cleaning assembly though, it's always been an issue on the machine and the guy running it said the waste bottle rarely needs emptied :confused:

tyyam
12-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Maybe not transfer belt cleaning blade.... u can check lower transfer belt assy.. there also have cleaning blade...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dagoof
12-02-2016, 07:59 PM
No luck with blade adjustment :(

JP1
12-05-2016, 03:51 AM
how old is the dev's & what percentage is the dev
check drums, do you have all red screws removed.
is this when you do light coverage job or all jobs?
is it accross the belt or 1 patch?

dagoof
12-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Drums recently been replaced, dev around 80%. Didn't think it's related to that, has been an ongoing issue with this machine over the last year.

Primarily leaving purple waste toner strips at one section, 2/3 way up the A4 sheet (although that said, it's now cyan, so will maybe look at the drum again!).

DigiMan
12-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Check your PM's,plus a nice pic of the strip on the belt would be welcome.

dagoof
12-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Ignore me, schoolboy error, turned out to be dirty charge grids causing the issue!

Custom Search