PDA

View Full Version : Safecom on Biz C454e

Custom Search

kingarthur
10-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Trying to "help" a customer set up Safecom on C454e, they've installed the server, however when they try to add device, after clicking, safecom Go Konica Minolta, it says to "Enter the username and password, as specified on the device web page and click Next", we've tried "admin " and "administrator" followed by the admin password, each time it comes up with "unable to configure device because: could not create authentication application: OperationInfo.AuthKey".....any ideas...please

Cheers

sparks45
10-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Make sure all the ssl settings and openAPI settings are configured as per the safecom embedded manual for KMs. ssl will be disabled i would imagine, this will be causing the error

They also need to download device server and configure in there also,

wseyller
10-04-2016, 11:19 PM
Yeah. Probably need to create a self sign certificate. Then enable ssl. Then turn on ssl for open API and TCP socket.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kingarthur
10-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Thanks peeps, i've never dealt with this side of things before, the customer had created the SSL certificate, had also turned on SSL for API etc, however in SSL settings he'd left it at "none" as there was nothing in the instructions to say otherwise, we changed it to "admin/user" and all is working :D

kingarthur
10-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Had another "anomally", the customer had 5 machines to add to Safecom, I've been off with a bad back, so was unavailable to provide the little assistance I could, apart from phone support...so when they had problems installing the first one, Betasoft logged into one of the machines, then our IT went round, then another colleague went round and all changed different things...so the customer had this one machine that they could add to Safecom, but only as a generic device, we went through as many settings as we could, we discovered that when we created the licence, it didn't "add" it properly and we didn't get the safecom log in screen on the MFP, even though I'd installed the latest FW, I reinstalled it, I uninstalled & reloaded the card drivers, it still only registered as a generic device, then after comparing it to another MFP, god knows how many times, we discovered that the expiration date on the ceritificate on the SSL for the open API was not confirmed,which did seem a bit strange, once I'd selected it on the MFP screen it loaded onto Safecom easily....it does seem a bit of a strange one to me....will probably never see Safecom again....which is a shame,,,as I feel a bit of an expert now :D ....BTW, it does say in the SSL set up to change to "admin/user", but it's very easy to miss

Custom Search