PDA

View Full Version : Transfer c451 account track data to c452

Custom Search

integritybob
10-05-2016, 06:39 PM
I have a customer that is upgrading a Bizhub c451 to a c452. They use account tracking and user authentication and have around 400 accounts. Is there a painless way to back up this data and transfer it to the new unit?

emujo
10-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Yes, page scope data admin will do this, you want to capture the account track info from the old device, then set the new device up exactly the same way (meaning were they using user authentication or account track only, or were the 2 tied together). The data will only import back to the new device if the settings are the same. PSDA will capture user name/password, but if you just export the file from the device, the password info is encrypted and useless for an import. BTW, you can use PSDA to bring in any CSV file with user name/password info, or address book one touches. This makes it a great tool to use when your are moving from one vendor to another. Emujo

integritybob
10-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Thanks so much!

I thought that pagescope could do it, but I wasn't clear on the details. Most helpful!

--Bob

integritybob
10-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Uh oh. I exported the data from the c451 no problem, but when I try to import it into the c452 I get:

File Format Error (Version Not Supported)
Importing Is Cancelled.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I screwed?

--Bob

Woxner
10-05-2016, 08:58 PM
you have to use the data administrator to import csv file since machines are different. just taking it from the web page through admin mode will not work. data admin also works through ip address

allan
10-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Are u using PSDA?
The PC app?

Data Administrator - PageScope Utilities - Solution Software | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/solutions/ps_utilities/dataadministrator.html)

integritybob
10-06-2016, 05:13 AM
Thanks, everyone. My bad for not reading the response more carefully.

I downloaded Page Scope Data Administrator & installed it on my laptop (thanks for the link!). Not the most intuitive software, but I think I can figure it out.

Now my only problem is that the old machine is no longer at the customer location. I'm assuming that I can import the data, store it on the laptop, and export it to the new machine.

--Bob

allan
10-06-2016, 05:47 AM
I have only done it with both machines on the network.
Not sure if you can do it offline.

PSDA works well.

emujo
10-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks, everyone. My bad for not reading the response more carefully.

I downloaded Page Scope Data Administrator & installed it on my laptop (thanks for the link!). Not the most intuitive software, but I think I can figure it out.

Now my only problem is that the old machine is no longer at the customer location. I'm assuming that I can import the data, store it on the laptop, and export it to the new machine.

--Bob

In this case I would pull the needed data from the C451, and leave PSDA up and running. When you get to the replacement C452 register a new device, import the address book and authentication info (should be empty) the copy and paste the C451 info into the C452 update page and export it back to the new device. When you shut PSDA down, it will want to contact the old device before it re opens the old saved info. Emujo

integritybob
10-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks to everyone, especially emujo.

I was able to import the data from the c451 with no problem. Now I'm at the c452 and when I attempt to import the data I get "Failed to import data" and the log says "Failure: Get the OpenAPI version"

Suggestions?

--Bob

emujo
10-07-2016, 01:57 PM
I would ensure that the C452 is at the latest firmware version, the correct function version for the firmware, and you are using the correct admin password. There are some security settings that might be putting up a roadblock, but these are seldom enforced. You may want to verify that your Open API settings in admin mode is set to allow. Emujo

integritybob
10-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks again for all your help. I did update the firmware and I immediately checked the OpenAPI settings. I had previously reset the admin password to the default, so that shouldn't be an issue. I looked at security settings, etc. and as far as I can tell everything is set the same as the C451 from which I had no problem importing the data.

Looks like I'm going to be keying in 100 or so accounts by hand. :(

--Bob

emujo
10-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Give it one more collage try...

Problem

"Failure: Get Open API version" error when trying to import anything from the selected device.

Solution

CAUSE: The current management version, version 3, has not been selected.

SOLUTION: Change the management version to version 3 by performing the following:

Firmware upgrading procedure from 1st Version to 2nd Version "Function Version3"
1. Install the Firmware of 2nd Version to MFP. For details, please refer to the Service Manual.
2. If 1st version movie data has been already installed, delete it in Service Mode.
3. Install 2nd version movie data to MFP.
4. Change Software Switch Setting to the following in Service Mode.

Switch No.: 25

HEX Assignment: 20

5. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.

integritybob
10-07-2016, 10:24 PM
That did it! :D

I was able to import the data, copy & paste from the old unit to the new one and export it back to the new one with no further issues.

You just saved me from having to manually enter nearly 200 accounts.

Words cannot express my gratitude.

--Bob

Mr Spock
10-08-2016, 02:50 AM
Sometimes he knows what he is talking about.... Only sometimes however!:p

Custom Search