PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C368 - Faded out areas only when scanning to email or User Box

Custom Search

mx6turbo89
10-06-2016, 03:40 AM
This one stumped me today:

Document is being scanned to email and is showing up with various letters or words faded out (please see the attachment). The problem also shows up when scanning to a User Box. It copies and prints this same document just fine. It's being scanned at 200x200, and the file type is Compact PDF. This customer has a C368 upstairs and it does fine when scanning this very same document when using the same settings. Also, this problem is very consistent; it may vary slightly, but it's pretty much the same area of faded letters/words every time regardless of whether the original is fed right side up, upside down, or in the 11R direction. It doesn't matter whether I scan in black or color, same result. Changing the file type to PDF still shows the faded letters. I've found that if I increase the scan resolution to 600x600, the problem almost goes away, but there are still a few letters faded out.

Any thoughts? Anyone seen this before?

allan
10-06-2016, 05:08 AM
Weird.
Try changing the original type.

mx6turbo89
10-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Weird.
Try changing the original type.

I tried that, didn't make any difference. Thanks.

progoffice
10-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Have you tried changing the Compact PDF Compression level?

mx6turbo89
10-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Have you tried changing the Compact PDF Compression level?

Changing the setting from Compact PDF to PDF fixed it. Thanks very much.

Edit: Just reread my original post and I claimed to have already tried changing to the PDF setting with no resolution. I did try it then, it didn't fix the problem that day, but for some reason fixed it today. :confused:

EarthKmTech
10-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Changing the setting from Compact PDF to PDF fixed it. Thanks very much.

Not a fault and is a known issue. Same thing happens with hand written signatures. Last I heard km wont be doing anything about it either. Hopefully they do because people are noticing it when upgrading from e series to 8 series and require compact pdf.

mx6turbo89
10-12-2016, 01:54 AM
Not a fault and is a known issue. Same thing happens with hand written signatures. Last I heard km wont be doing anything about it either. Hopefully they do because people are noticing it when upgrading from e series to 8 series and require compact pdf.

I had not heard of this specific issue being a known problem. But, I have heard a few customers complain that the e-series they had previously had better quality scans than their new 8-series. In a few cases, I've had to increase the default scan resolution to equal what their previous e-series machine accomplished on the lowest setting. What is the theory as to the cause of this?

Custom Search