PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C220 fails when sending printjob, completly hangs up.

Custom Search

andre86
10-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Hello again,
we have a KM C220 thats completly hangs up, when the customer is sending a printjob.
When it happens, the data light is lightning an not blinking. The Control Panel is also not responding on any input.
They restart the maschine every time it happens, so they can work again.

Problem for us: Itīs not happening regulary, i didnt have the error on my visits.

What we did so far:
- Changing the memory on MFP Board
- Changing the Control Panel

Next step, i want to change the MFP board. I updated the new mfp board to the firmware version used on the maschine.
Will the maschine save the settings like Address book, network settings, etc.? Or do i have to export it?

Thanks for every help.....

iceman490
10-06-2016, 01:05 PM
I would export that information just to be on the safe side. Have you tried changing the network port settings from auto to something slower like 10 or 100mbps?. Also make sure your print driver and firmware function levels are compatible... Just my two cents there hope it helps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

copier addict
10-06-2016, 01:27 PM
How many computers? Do they all have the correct drivers? Maybe it is something one of the computers is printing that is locking up the machine.
I would make sure all computers have PCL drivers, then check what they are printing.

CompyTech
10-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Can you print a PCL test page from the User Settings>Printer Settings>Print Reports? If so, might be a network issue. Try a direct connect with a laptop and print.

If all that still locks up the mfp, back up all data(network, addressbook etc.) using PSWC to your laptop and do ALL Data Clear in the service mode. I've had that happen to me with this model before and that resolved the issue for me.

I would try all that above before changing boards.

Good Luck.

Woxner
10-07-2016, 02:51 AM
last time i had this problem even after driver and firmware updates it turned out to be network speed settings you can set this to 10/100/1gb. cured problem. but still update firmware and driver

Custom Search