PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous lexmark xs 463de

Custom Search

Transam1
10-06-2016, 06:18 PM
when u copy from the glass copies come out clean when you use the adf copies come out with random lines and not always in the same place or on every copy
have cleaned optic s and slit glass could the scanner be on its way out?

blackcat4866
10-07-2016, 01:35 AM
Possible, but unlikely. I think I'd take the time to clean and lubricate the scanner rail(s) first. When there's enough drag on the scan rail, the optical unit can tip a little, enough to change the focus or view the edge of the slit. =^..^=

Iowatech
10-07-2016, 02:20 AM
when u copy from the glass copies come out clean when you use the adf copies come out with random lines and not always in the same place or on every copy
have cleaned optic s and slit glass could the scanner be on its way out?

If that unit has been around for a while, you might want to give the ADF paper path a good blast of air. I've seen the ADF paper path of some machines that I've worked on collect a bit of paper dust and stuff that will get pushed on the ADF glass by one original and then get pushed either off or to a new position by the next original, which causes random seeming lines every time the ADF is used. And the ADF glass is always perfectly clean when that happens.
If the scanner was on its way out, the print defects should occur whether you scan from the glass or the ADF. Unless there's something I don't understand because of the limited amount of information you provided (some pictures of the print defect at least would be nice), I don't think the scanner itself is the problem here.

Custom Search