PDA

View Full Version : C350 - Scanning\Emailing Enquiry

Custom Search

Tofu
07-15-2008, 04:40 AM
C350 - Scanning\Emailing Enquiry

Hey Guys,

One of our users has just plonked me with a time urgent issue. At present when she scans multiple pages (lets say 10 pages for example purposes) she recieves an email with all 10 pages as one large document. What she is needing is to scan multiple pages at once and to recieve either an email with each page as a seperate attachment.

Any help in this issue would be excellent.

Thank you

ebm
07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
There is a "scanned file separation" setting which will break the file up if it exceeds a maximum size limit. You can read up on the details in the C350 Print Controller Users Guide (available for download on the KMBS public site). The C300 has a "multi" or "single" page scan setting available but I could not find this for the C350. sorry.

cobiray
07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
On the Original Settings tab of the scan screen, select Separate Scan before scanning originals. Also, .jpg files are sent only as single pages.

ebm
07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
On the Original Settings tab of the scan screen, select Separate Scan before scanning originals. Also, .jpg files are sent only as single pages.

Doesn't "separate scan" take separately scanned documents and create one job, i.e. 10 pages scanned one at a time to create one 10 paged document after "finished" is selected on the display? I think this function was also known as "job build" or "store" on the older Konica's.

Also, could the customer import the 10 page document into a program like Paperport and use the "unstack" function to separate it into 10 individual pages?

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 03:31 AM
On some of these bizhubs you have a few options on what file format to choose when scanning an original. PDF, multi-page TIFF, TIFF, JPG.

Check to see if you can scan as TIFF without the multi-page support. this will compile each page as it's own file. If you scan a multi page original as JPEG, you should end up with a single picture file for each page.

These machines are designed to be "document scanners". When scanning a document, PDF is the best file format as it retains the document nature of the original (multiple pages as a single file). If one would want to scan a photo of their grandchild, or fabric swatch, and the original is not a document but a digital image is still required JPEG would be the best format. each individual scan is a separate file.

For this example the user wants to scan a document, but wants individual files. If you scan these as TIFF or JPEG, file conversion after the fact would be required. Software that would "write" a PDF file (if that's the desired end result) would also be required.

The user may find that the best way to save "man-hours" in this project is to stand at the ADF and make individual scans for each sheet. It would be quicker than the alternatives.

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Doesn't "separate scan" take separately scanned documents and create one job, i.e. 10 pages scanned one at a time to create one 10 paged document after "finished" is selected on the display? I think this function was also known as "job build" or "store" on the older Konica's.

Also, could the customer import the 10 page document into a program like Paperport and use the "unstack" function to separate it into 10 individual pages?

This is a correct interpretation of the separate scan function.

this PaperPort solution would work. If I understand correctly, the scans would have to be TIFF and then processed, then converted to PDF (if desired)

cobiray
07-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry, I mis read the manual. I read single job as single pages. Could they not just feed the originals in one at a time instead of all at once? It would increase the number of times the start button was pressed, but if it isn't hundreds of pages it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience.

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 11:31 PM
I agree with cobiray. As mentioned above, scanning one sheet at a time can be quicker than post-processing.

Custom Search