PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 283 can't access the web page, can't print & Scan.

Custom Search

enteng
10-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Hi Minolta Engr's,

I have Bizhub 283 for almost a year and its working fine, but unfortunately today scanning & printing suddenly not working, I can't even access the web page of the machine.

I can ping the IP Address, try to change the IP address, change the port connection, change the settings in my computer but same problem.
We didn't change anything in our Network settings.

can someone give me advise on what's the possible problem of the machine?

Thanks in Advance.

allan
10-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Can you ping the machine?

enteng
10-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Hi,

Yes, I can ping the machine continuously.

peter42
10-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Turn the machine off and remove the cat5 cable.
try to ping em .
if ping answers, your problem is found.

greetings peter.

Woxner
10-09-2016, 05:33 PM
what color are the light by the port jack. network my still be bad even though you can ping. put in dhcp to see if it will pick up a different ip. do a netwok reset

allan
10-09-2016, 06:20 PM
You can try to access the machine using a laptop with a network cable.
If the laptop is old a crossover cable would be needed. The link light on the machine will not light up if you need a crossover cable.
Could be a switch related problem.

Oops sorry did not read that you can ping the machine.

JR2ALTA
10-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Turn the machine off and remove the cat5 cable.
try to ping em .
if ping answers, your problem is found.

greetings peter.

That's what I was thinking, IP conflict would explain it.

Andrii
10-10-2016, 10:00 AM
I had a similar situation. I think that this is caused by the overflow SSD garbage when you turn off the device during the scanning process. helped SSD format.

emujo
10-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Assuming that your statement "everything was working, then just quit...." If you truly made no changes to the MFP, then I would suspect a Windows or IE update is the culprit. The 283 uses a older cipher key and one of the patches that recently came out sets the minimum bit length at 1024. You don't mention where or how you are scanning, but this would account for both failures(Web page and Scanning). Can you open the MFP web page with any other browser? After Re reading your post, I see that you can't print either. Do you have anything in the copier job log that shows why the job failed to print.

enteng
10-13-2016, 02:43 PM
I had a similar situation. I think that this is caused by the overflow SSD garbage when you turn off the device during the scanning process. helped SSD format.

Hi Andrii,

i tried to update the firmware but the problem still exist.
after the firmware update tried to clear the network settings data but the Network settings (Administrator Settings) was gone.
its saying Waiting for ARP Request.

but now I requested to my superior to pull-out the machine and we will try to format also the SSD.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

emujo
10-13-2016, 05:44 PM
IMHO formatting the SSD board is a waste of time...You need to unplug the network cable, cycle power and let it sit until the ARP request goes away. Then go into Admin/Network Settings/TCP/IP settings and change the setting from ON to OFF. Cycle power again, go back and turn the TCP settings back to ON (this does a soft reset of the NIC). Allow the device to get back to the point where you can go into the network settings again and assign a static IP address, subnet, gateway, domain and DNS.

Now, find an old laptop running windows 7 with IE 10, and manually configure the network adaptor to match the machines scheme (different IPs of course). Plug the laptop directly into the MFP and I'm willing to bet you can get a web page. If so, look at your workstation and see if you see an windows update that coincides with the date you could no longer connect. Un install this update. Emujo

ranjitkr16
10-14-2016, 04:48 PM
Hi Minolta Engr's,

I have Bizhub 283 for almost a year and its working fine, but unfortunately today scanning & printing suddenly not working, I can't even access the web page of the machine.

I can ping the IP Address, try to change the IP address, change the port connection, change the settings in my computer but same problem.
We didn't change anything in our Network settings.

can someone give me advise on what's the possible problem of the machine?

Thanks in Advance.

please check gateway in network settings and is it matching with gateway of pc

enteng
10-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Hello Minolta Engr's,

I received and tried all your suggestions. Thanks you very much for all the help

Printing and Scanning is working already. I can also access the "Network settings" right now.

but the problem is we cannot access the "web console page" even if we tried to use different browser such us Mozilla, Google, I,E etc.

is there any settings in the machine that i need to change or do i need to update again the firmware to the latest version?

Thanks in advance again Minolta Engr's!

allan
10-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Make sure HTTP protocol is switched on under network settings.
Not sure if there is port setting but that should be on 80 or on 8080.

Synthohol
10-16-2016, 09:00 PM
wow, i would have tried just a system data clear from the initialization button, set a static IP4 addy and put the movie data back on after making sure the HDD is still set to "installed"
i have had a couple 4 series "lose" the PSWC but to reappear after doing the above.
good luck!!!

Custom Search