PDA

View Full Version : Konica compatible color toners

Custom Search

scanmc
10-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had much experience with compatible color toner for the Konica C224/228/336 series? Looking to lower some of our contract pricing but not sure how the long term effect has been while using these. Any opinion good,bad or other would be appreciated.

wseyller
10-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Not worth it. We pull all of our compatible toner out. Nightmare of issue. Destroyed so many developing units and waste tons of labors

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

REGSIS
10-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Original toner has also developer particles so developing units are refreshed which is not the case with compatible toners.

Any cost saving will be short term, eventually it will "destroy" developing units which are veeeeeery expensive.

copier tech
10-11-2016, 07:53 AM
I agree with all above, not worth it, can actually cost the company MORE!

What you can do if you're not already is turn off the image unit, fuser & transfer belt warnings & run the units until failure this will save ££££££'s

Also turn off the toner near empty warning most customers will not read this message fully & replace the toners when there is a quarter left in the bottle! again wasting company money, some even book a call because the toner icon hasn't reset because the bottle was replaced before it was empty.

REGSIS
10-11-2016, 05:03 PM
I agree with all above, not worth it, can actually cost the company MORE!

What you can do if you're not already is turn off the image unit, fuser & transfer belt warnings & run the units until failure this will save ££££££'s

Also turn off the toner near empty warning most customers will not read this message fully & replace the toners when there is a quarter left in the bottle! again wasting company money, some even book a call because the toner icon hasn't reset because the bottle was replaced before it was empty.

Toner near empty warning (toner low) shows when hooper cannot be supplied with toner from bottle (sensor inside hooper is not raised because no more toner is supplied from the bottle) ei toner bottle is empty. Percentage at this state is 1% because there is still some toner in hooper. If you replace toner at this state it will reset and show 100%, and I recommend this moment for replacement because if you wait for toner empty message and customer open and close front door few times (you can fool machine with this action) and continue to work without replacing the toner it can hurt particular developing unit. Better safe than sorry ;)

Replacing the toner (by customer) at 15% for example is foolish because there is no indication of any kind before level drop to 1%

Custom Search