PDA

View Full Version : B227 scanner drive

Custom Search

allan
10-10-2016, 10:31 PM
have anybody had issues with the B227 scanner belts?

EarthKmTech
10-11-2016, 12:07 PM
No, but please share.

Got plenty going into the field and any knowledge to make life easier is always welcomed.

allan
10-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Gave a code 6104 or something can remember now.
When i got to the machine the belt was not tensioned ok it was sagging and coming off of the far side pulley.
Its got a place on the scanner unit (similar to the B36 but with the motor mounted in the middle of the scanner cavity) where the belt must press in it seems to have slipped out due to gravity.
The belt presses in from the bottom!!

Oo and you will end up with like 12 screws and 4 loose covers before you can get in there.
The fact that you dont need to completely remove the ADF makes it a bit easier.

Was putting this out here to see if this could be a common problem.
We also have a lot of them and this seem isolated.
I hope.

deepdiver
10-13-2016, 12:18 AM
Think I have had this problem. Scanner does not return to home position. Glass comes off in one piece. Had a few like this. Scanner on returning to home position catches the underside of the glass/frame & stops. My fix is to place thin washer over the mounting holes on the frame. When you replace the glass/frame it lifts it up by about 2mm. Never gone back. Took a while to figure out what was happening as I had one machine do it 3 times before my fix.

allan
10-13-2016, 01:51 AM
Ok. So the belt coming out lifts the scanner up against the glass!! Then it probably goes and sits on the piece of felt lubricating the shaft?
Could not figure out why the scanner locked up.

deepdiver
10-13-2016, 07:48 AM
It's a while ago since I had one do it but I think from memory belt did not come off but when you reset code it would still catch underside of frame and judder as it could not fully return to home position. Go to your local hardware store to get some small steel washers about 1 or 2mm thick. I then super glued the washers to the base metal frame so if any other issues later on they are still there.

Custom Search